Statman and Robin - can't fool us

34 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

When Atkinson took over we had low grade top flight players. Hirst wasn’t established. Our best striker was Steve witton. Whereas Moore has chaps players in league 1

Atkinson got us relegated in his first full season.

He'd have been hounded out in this day and age.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I post stats on a regular basis

Unbeaten in ten games - amazing stat that and very positive

Third in the league at the halfway stage - another positive stat

Within touching distance of an automatic promotion spot

Second only to Man City this year in terms of goals scored in the entire four divisions in this country - amazing amazing statistic

Our keeper has more clean sheets than any other keeper in the four divisions - another positive stat

But when I post these, the Moore Out mob just poo poo them and say 'Meh - MOORE OUT!!' etc

Three games without a win 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The first thing Hitler did to gain power was to get the German people to dismiss stats, facts, scientists and experts

#justsaying

No it wasnt, he promoted his own propaganda and silenced those against his view to influence people to think the way he wanted them to

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

No it wasnt, he promoted his own propaganda and silenced those against his view to influence people to think the way he wanted them to

Yes you're right actually

And you're right to compare it to the Moore Out mob who are promoting their propaganda to get him fired and try to drown out anyone pointing out we are third in the league, ten games unbeaten and just having a blip

lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Wow, they’re all out tonight aren’t they @Owlstalk I’m laughing at the pathetic attempt now lol 

Told ya

They're hilarious

Absolute fruitcakes running round all red faced and furious trying to turn everyone against the manager and getting nowhere

He's staying, we're going up, and they're livid about that

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat
34 minutes ago, markowl said:

Atkinson got us relegated in his first full season.

He'd have been hounded out in this day and age.

No he wouldn’t. We’re you there if so and you think there are any comparisons to now then I am bewildered 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Told ya

They're hilarious

Absolute fruitcakes running round all red faced and furious trying to turn everyone against the manager and getting nowhere

He's staying, we're going up, and they're livid about that

The irony is, Chansiri knows what he has done for his club, he won’t even think of sacking the man who has rescued this club from the mess it was in before he came in. Can’t wait for the second half of the season when we start to climb to the top. But isn’t that what supporters do, wait til the end of the season instead of looking in crystal balls they bought from Wish.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

It’s almost like the football in the 3rd tier isn’t very good for some strange reason. 

The World Cup final showed us that we are so lucky to be drawing 0-0 at home to Oxford. Football doesn't have to be entertaining and Windass could show Mbappe and Messi a thing or two. He's asked Santa for a barn door for his back garden to refine his shooting skills. 

• Haha 1

Think the majority of frustrations come from our failures over the last 20 odd years . We’re all sick to death of being in league one . What is it now . 6 years in 20 odd seasons at this level . It’s just poor for a club like ours . I always say it for a club of our size we are the most underperforming club in England over 20 years . I’m not talking smallish sides I’m talking sides who average 20k plus . Certainly this impacts as people just want success and to get out of this league . 

On the subject of Moore the main stats that matter are he took us down . Didn’t get us promoted last year and has us playing poorly currently and outside the top 2 . Now you could flip that and say we were going down regardless , he did a solid job of getting us into play offs after a big rebuild and has us now fighting for automatics . It’s all about opinions I suppose … 

id argue he’s doing ok but needs to start getting us playing more consistently with a more consistent playing style and identity . 

I think we have a top 2 squad but it’s about getting a more settled side in my opinion that know each other . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Think the majority of frustrations come from our failures over the last 20 odd years . We’re all sick to death of being in league one . 

This is repeatedly being posted but I wholeheartedly disagree with it

I think it's too easy to say this and if you break it down and look at what's happened over the years, Darren Moore being third in the league and ten games unbeaten in the last ten games but having a blip due to losing key players can't be what's responsible for these apoplectic rages of panic and anger we're seeing in some fans

I think it's deeper than that

I don't even really believe that's it's 100% football related in any way either - I think the current cost of living crisis, price rises, christmas approaching, constant bad news in the news etc all contribute to people lashing out like they are doing

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

We need to play at a higher tempo, with the squad we have we should not be on the back foot, we should be attacking teams. I think that's what a lot of fans want to see. Then if we lose the odd game fans will except that. We give teams to much respect and DM sets us up not to lose. In DM eyes it's  working 10 games unbeaten. So it's take your choice, if we get promoted DM will be proven right, if not he will get the sack. Uto

• Like 4