Statman and Robin - can't fool us

Just now, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Just so I can check some facts, how many promotions has Moore won as a manager? How many "big games" as he won?  

Those two points that people grasp onto a clutch as the bastion of successful truth - they're just ridiculous, petty and pointless 

And irrelevant

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Those two points that people grasp onto a clutch as the bastion of successful truth - they're just ridiculous, petty and pointless 

And irrelevant

What, like Moore is statistically the second best manager in Wednesday's history.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Jack the Hat
57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The first thing Hitler did to gain power was to get the German people to dismiss stats, facts, scientists and experts

#justsaying

Did he then start clutching at straws!

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

We've scored a million goals - but the football is cr4p.

We've got a million points - but the football is cr4p.

We've got some clean sheets - but the football is cr4p.

A bit like when you go out for a meal, you fancy a nice hearty plate of comfort food, a nice stew, a meaty pie - but instead you are served a bowl of steam, with some pink himalayan salt on it served inside a sock. It's been prepared by a 3 times Michelin rated chef, the experts tell you it's brilliant, people with funny beards are queuing outside to get in - it should be great, but you know yourself its just over complicated cr4p.

It's the run up to Christmas, you fancy watching a 'take you brains out film' so you want to watch Die Hard or Trading Places - but instead something with Woody Allen or Ralph Fiennes comes on, some guy who loves 'arty' films, especially if they are in black and white and a bit like a Coen Brothers movie tells you it is great, it will be up for an Oscar - but you watch it, your mind starts drifting, your bellies still rumbling from earlier and your wishing you were watching Bruce Willis punching an helicopter instead.

That's what watching football under Moore is like. You can see it with your own eyes, you can hear it with your own ears - the stats are just stats, they don't really mean anything if they are not giving you any pleasure, any enjoyment any promotions. I have no problem with Moore at all, I think he is a smashing fella, a genuine nice guy - but I personally feel he is out of his depth, he has lost his way and we are going backwards, our football is slow, boring, defensive and predictable.

Much like before, when we have been in a reasonable position, but appear unable to make that final push - a change is required, like when Jones came in and got us over the line - does anybody genuinely believe we would win the play-offs with Moore in charge, I certainly don't - nothing in his CV, in the 'big games' gives me that impression.

We are just stumbling along, hoping Bannan will win us a game, collecting players that we are never going to play, and if we do play them, playing them in the wrong positions - how many Mighten's, Wilkes, Corblimey trousers et all do we need to sign before we wake up and realise that tactically Moore his limited at best, maybe he is a good coach, I'm not seeing many signs of motivational skills, we come out at half time half asleep, we don't show up in big games, we freeze when it matters.

I don't blame the fans like some on here do (over 22k, the week before Christmas on a slippy, freezing day, after 22 years of dross is amazing) - some of them booed how dare they, have they got eyes and ears of their own or something?

Statman, Scatman, Batman - don't mean diddly, the wool is well away from our eyes......

Take a bow.