Our problem right now? What would you do to ensure top 2?

2 hours ago, Jwowl said:

I’m amazed how many see Famewo as the saviour - is he any good? Do we actually know much about him? 

We say the football is crap then suggest Sean Dyche? 🤦‍♂️ Would also be amazed if he wanted to come and manage in league one. 

I said at the beginning of the season we give Moore the season, whether we are 1st, 3rd or 8th by Christmas - he gets the season. If we don’t go up he goes, regardless of circumstances of how we don’t go up, we are in the championship next season or we change manager. 

im not a happy clapper, I don’t agree with everything that happens, I sometimes struggle to go and watch even though I’m a season ticket holder.. but it’s football, I think all fans go through the same. 

TBH I cant see theChairman sacking Darren even if we don’t make automatics just a “gut” feeling.

Just have to see what happens overXmas results wise 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

What stuff does Trevor Nelson play on his club nights?

I like his mixes that are on CD/download

Been a while and I wasn’t there for the tunes can’t stand RnB or “drill” grime or especially drum & ££££ing base, Niche or no Niche.  
Boring s££t hip hop I don’t mind but the crowd that go with it can make a tasty night 

22 minutes ago, parajack said:

Been a while and I wasn’t there for the tunes can’t stand RnB or “drill” grime or especially drum & ££££ing base, Niche or no Niche.  
Boring s££t hip hop I don’t mind but the crowd that go with it can make a tasty night 

Yeah drill can just go away

Hip hop is cool but yeah I'd not want to look after the crowd at one!

Stay safe mate

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

That’s Chumpsiri’s job, not ours. 

Ours is to buy our tickets and shirts and turn up and support them. We do that week in week out. 

About time other people did their jobs. 

I’ll take that as “No idea” then.

12 hours ago, parajack said:

It would be nice occasionally to get critique for what I HAVE said rather than what I havnt said Lol 

I simply stated every fan has a right to an opinion on our team/managers performance without having to be an ex pro 

then don't spit your dummy out if someone critiques what you say.

however, i do agree with you, you don't have to be an ex pro to have an opinion and are there are some excellent crafted posts on here discussing what could and couldn't be changed to improve things.  all valid opinions on what is seen by people who regularily watch the owls but unfortunately lack the inside knowledge of what is going on behind closed doors.

data and stats aren't the be all and end all, i can agree with that, but are used to support an argument put forward rather than just saying something with nothing to back it up.  and data is also subjective, have we won 3 points in the last 3 matches or dropped some points.  unfortunately only time will tell 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

So true. Personally I don’t expect Darren to move on either way Think the Chairman will stick with him.

Just my feeling

Well he's third in the league, most clean sheets, second only to Man City in the whole country for goals scored, within touching distance of automatic promotion

I'm with you - I'm flabbergasted the chairman isn't looking to take your advice and sack him to replace him with Tony Mowbray or summat

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well he's third in the league, most clean sheets, second only to Man City in the whole country for goals scored, within touching distance of automatic promotion

I'm with you - I'm flabbergasted the chairman isn't looking to take your advice and sack him to replace him with Tony Mowbray or summat

lol

I don’t want Darren sacked but I would like him to change Problem is I don’t think he will 

Just think he had a footballing philosophy that he believes in,and will stick to, come what may….

Some would call it “stubbornness” but I think it’s more than that.

Darren believes his methods are right and will work.

He seems to have returned to his lone striker preference wants to play it out through the thirds.

I don’t think it’s going to work and I am more loyal to my Club & it’s fans than I am to Darren(though I like him as a man)

I've always been a firm believer that there's no point bringing in good quality players on high wages. Then not stumping up for good coaching staff. If DC truly believes DM is the man to take us forward ,then maybe bringing in a couple of good young coaches to lighten the load would help us. A fresh pair of eyes can sometimes spot something your missing or be good to just freshen things up.

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

I've always been a firm believer that there's no point bringing in good quality players on high wages. Then not stumping up for good coaching staff. If DC truly believes DM is the man to take us forward ,then maybe bringing in a couple of good young coaches to lighten the load would help us. A fresh pair of eyes can sometimes spot something your missing or be good to just freshen things up.

Owlstalk Shop

Our biggest problem right now?

The fans and their ridiculous sense of entitlement plus they all think they can do a better job than DM.

Leave it to the professionals or you're going to have a miserable Christmas fretting about pointless shizzle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, parajack said:

Another fool who can’t read and marks his own homework….I have NEVER called for DM to go EVER and I have NEVER started a DM thread onOwlstalk 

Sorry to spoil your party & rain on your parade . 
Feel free to quote me or cut & paste ANY post of mine to the contrary.

I have never thought DM was the right appointment based on his preference for playing it out

Thats it,I don’t think it works in this League,nor Darren’s seeming liking of setting up a team based on our opponents.

You don’t like my posts jog on and don’t read them or reply to them.

Ooh, you’re hard. Although you may never have started a post you seem happy to jump on each and every one that criticises the manager. Oh and well done on the old “I never liked him from the start” gag. I’m jogging on now lol 

10 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I think the problems are quite simple really. When Byers is playing we are constantly good. When he isn’t we are hit and miss depending on how well Bannan is playing. If Bannan and Byers are both out we are very very average. 

We were mediocre last season until the midfield three of Bannan, Byers and Luongo started to gel. If Byers and Bannan are back imminently I suspect we will be fine. If not we either need able deputies signing in Jan or we go to playing very direct with two up top and cross our fingers our strikers find some form 🤞

Hope it’s that simple but I fear not.

George is a super player but one man doesn’t make a team.

Look at last season - when George came into our 352 we flew. Staggeringly good performances, tonnes of goals, league’s highest point scorers.

But look at his early games last season when we were playing Gregory up top as lone-striker. George started 3 games, losing at Morecambe, a stuffing at Plymouth and a scraped 1-0 at home to Fleetwood.

When he’s back if we haven’t switched to two strikers I fear we won’t see the improved performances and points that we need. 

This…

Gregory Smith

Johnson Bannan Vaulks Byers Palmer

…and we’ll fly like we did January to May.

6 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Our biggest problem right now?

The fans and their ridiculous sense of entitlement plus they all think they can do a better job than DM.

Leave it to the professionals or you're going to have a miserable Christmas fretting about pointless shizzle.

This a joke post or something?

I'm not a professional, but if we have to leave it to them does that mean we have to also shut up when Pulis is in Charge, or Jos, or Eustace.

I'm not a politician, do I nod along politely and respectfully to Lis Truss?

You're right, leave it to the pros..............

• Love 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I keep seeing this rolled out ,but when it comes down to it. LAST season's stats don't add up to this seasons and give us a sum total of A BIG FAT ZERO points for this seasons promotion rush. We're well placed ,but seem to be losing our way a bit recently, hopefully we can kick on after Christmas and replicate last season's form which yes was Fantastic!! and we'll win it by a canter. I just think last season is past the only stats that matter are this seasons.

• Like 2