Our problem right now? What would you do to ensure top 2?

On 17/12/2022 at 23:13, 109Waddle said:

I take your point, but generally people who want Moore out don’t even have a half sensible suggestion to make of who would be a realistic replacement. It’s easy to call for a manger to go, but with expectations of automatics and attractive attacking football, they’re aren’t too many obvious replacements.

Point that gets missed here in spectacular fashion,is it’s not up to the Fans to either know,or select a new manager.

More some would have us not believe our own eyes but seek to baffle us with(meaningless) figures and stats 

The ONLY requirement for a fan/supporter ,people who spend good money to watch their team is to stick to posting rules when posting.

Do you REALLY have to be an Ex Pro to understand football tactics? Are your eyes not good enough to see when somethings not working 

Are you no longer allowed as a paying “customer” (remember that one?) to say what you want as a “product”?

We really that brain dead now? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Are you no longer allowed as a paying “customer” (remember that one?) to say what you want as a “product”?

If you ask any reader of this site to describe what you’ve done over the last couple of months they’d all reply that you’d had your say on what you want 

Relentlessly, repeatedly and constantly 

In any and every Darren Moore thread 

So don’t try that one mate 

It won’t wash 

lol

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If you ask any reader of this site to describe what you’ve done over the last couple of months they’d all reply that you’d had your say on what you want 

Relentlessly, repeatedly and constantly 

In any and every Darren Moore thread 

So don’t try that one mate 

It won’t wash 

lol

It would be nice occasionally to get critique for what I HAVE said rather than what I havnt said Lol 

I simply stated every fan has a right to an opinion on our team/managers performance without having to be an ex pro 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our main problems recently have been lethargy and dreadful passing.

We work hard at getting the ball back then give it straight back to the opposition. occasionally it's because we are trying a decent defence splitting pass through a small gap, no problem with that, but a lot of the time it's just dreadful, careless passing. This needs sorting, every player in our team is capable of playing decent passes, the are professional footballers so just concentrate and cut out the sloppy attitude.

The second half last week and this weeks game we lacked any sense of urgency, we need to get the ball forward quickly, cut out the pointless balls across the back. In part that means the midfield players and wide players need to move into space where they can be open for the pass, half the time they are covered and just stand still, just move, give the opposition a choice to make.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But nobody has said otherwise 

I beg to differ check your recent threads, by way if it’s such an issue about posting in DM threads as you say, why do you post in every DM thread?

I post on them because they are of interest to me,and DONT post in other more generic stuff because they are not.

I have never thought that Darren was the right appointment coming off the back of a 6 match losing streak at Doncaster,and this was made worse by asking our team to learn new tactics/style whilst low on confidence in a relegation battle.

A view I know you don’t agree with but it’s a legitimate one based on the man’s football

• Haha 1

Last 3 games has been worrying with how little chances we have created. It was slim pickings at Derby but you take a point there beforehand, it was slimmer pickings at Exeter which is a worry because we should be brushing them aside, and Saturday we had a few here and there but all the best chances fell to them again, a point was fair but if we lost we couldn't have complained. 3 draws in a row in league 1 isn't good enough with 1 goal scored in 3 games. He needs to find a way ASAP to get the goals flowing again before the gap to the top 2 opens up and Barnsley over take us. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 18/12/2022 at 10:54, Owl in Nottingham said:

We have a decent enough manager. We are sat in a decent position for this stage of the season.

I doubt there is a great deal of difference between the managers of the top 6 each season.

We have a big usually half empty stadium, in which unless we are 2 goals ahead after 20 minutes becomes a cauldron of intimidation for our own players.

Our problem is getting enough of our own fans to give a bit of positive support to the guys on the pitch during the inevitable moments when opponents are having a period of the match when they are on top.

Less moaning is the answer and just a bit better support.

Blame the fans is so tired and old now.

I'll roll the other tired old excuse out ,the players need to get the fans going. Get on the front foot ,get the pressing going ,get everyone believing your busting a gut to win a game and the fans will follow. Messing about passing the ball along the back line ,up to midfield and back again over and over just makes the fans restless at the perceived lack of attacking intent. I'm not saying we need to just win the ball and lump it forward ,but we need a better balance of tempo and style.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, parajack said:

Point that gets missed here in spectacular fashion,is it’s not up to the Fans to either know,or select a new manager.

It’s also not up to the fans to sack the manager, but that’s never stopped you spouting about it. You just want it your way don’t you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

It’s also not up to the fans to sack the manager, but that’s never stopped you spouting about it. You just want it your way don’t you.

It's also not up to the fans to keep the manager, but that's never stopped you spouting about it.

You just want it your way don't you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1. Dont play out from the back

2. 3 in the middle - Bannan, Byers, Denis when fit

3. palmer and James Wing backs

4. Drop Windass

5. Smith and Gregory up top

6. Dawson to keep his place

7. Mc Guiness, Famwo and new signing in defence

8. Sign CF, Wing back and CH

9. none stop signing from the lads, so quiet last match

• Like 4

On 17/12/2022 at 19:41, 1952Owl said:

Injuries? Why do we seem to have continuing injury problems? (Kieran Lee plays nearly every match for Bolton!)

Without Bannan and Byers , the heart of the side is removed?

Smith & Gregory are not getting the crosses and service they should be?

Windass? Are you for or against right now? Is he worth a starting place?

Marv and Hunt year on year no where near as effective? Past it?

FDB transfer talk effecting his match performance in recent times? Sort a contract or say bye bye?

Pato rumours on the way out in January? Are we worried?

McGuinness god forbid could be recalled by Cardiff in January? What then?

Dawson v Stockdale. Pros and cons. Dawson loved by Exeter fans. Is Stockdale past it actually? OR?

January is a chance for DM to be bold and bring in fresh blood? But, has his recruitment been good actually in 2022?

What do you think of the assistants/support to DM? Is DM too conservative/cautious? Formation/tactics?

As things stand.......is this the best starting line up we have until January at least?

Dawson?

Iorfa   McGuinness   Famewoo

Palmer                        James (<<Appleton has played him there)

*Denis (fitness?)      Byers

Bannan 

Smith   Gregory

Subs:

Stockdale?

*FDB

Vaulks

Windass

Pato

Marv

Bakinson

TBH not read all that as first line was way off the truth. Kieran Lee has played less then half of Bolton's games in the nearly 3 seasons he has been there. Granted he may not have been picked for the squad sometimes but you can't really get injured in the stands.

8 hours ago, parajack said:

More some would have us not believe our own eyes but seek to baffle us with(meaningless) figures and stats 

The ONLY requirement for a fan/supporter ,people who spend good money to watch their team is to stick to posting rules when posting.

Do you REALLY have to be an Ex Pro to understand football tactics? Are your eyes not good enough to see when somethings not working 

We really that brain dead now? 

The point that gets missed here in spectacular fashion is that this forum is about fan opinion. No one’s expecting informed, qualified, expert judgement on the recruitment process of the next manager, but at least have a go and make the debate interesting.

10 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Centre backs x 2 (Depends if McGuiness stays), Wing Backs x 2, Striker (Pacey) x 1.

Things really need freshening up!

Windass and FDB can both go, don’t look interested at the minute.

11 new players this season

15 new players last season and things need freshening up?

About time the manager and coaching staff demonstrate that they can get the best out of what they have or I for one think we’d be throwing good money after bad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shetland Owl said:

1. Dont play out from the back

2. 3 in the middle - Bannan, Byers, Denis when fit

3. palmer and James Wing backs

4. Drop Windass

5. Smith and Gregory up top

6. Dawson to keep his place

7. Mc Guiness, Famwo and new signing in defence

8. Sign CF, Wing back and CH

9. none stop signing from the lads, so quiet last match

some very good points there pal agree with most .

• Thanks 1

I’m amazed how many see Famewo as the saviour - is he any good? Do we actually know much about him? 

We say the football is crap then suggest Sean Dyche? 🤦‍♂️ Would also be amazed if he wanted to come and manage in league one. 

I said at the beginning of the season we give Moore the season, whether we are 1st, 3rd or 8th by Christmas - he gets the season. If we don’t go up he goes, regardless of circumstances of how we don’t go up, we are in the championship next season or we change manager. 

im not a happy clapper, I don’t agree with everything that happens, I sometimes struggle to go and watch even though I’m a season ticket holder.. but it’s football, I think all fans go through the same. 

I think the problems are quite simple really. When Byers is playing we are constantly good. When he isn’t we are hit and miss depending on how well Bannan is playing. If Bannan and Byers are both out we are very very average. 

We were mediocre last season until the midfield three of Bannan, Byers and Luongo started to gel. If Byers and Bannan are back imminently I suspect we will be fine. If not we either need able deputies signing in Jan or we go to playing very direct with two up top and cross our fingers our strikers find some form 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's also not up to the fans to keep the manager, but that's never stopped you spouting about it.

You just want it your way don't you.

Let's all calm down a bit now

It's getting silly

Nobody needs to get angry or mad at each other

We're all Wednesday fans

Let's relaxxxxx

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

The point that gets missed here in spectacular fashion is that this forum is about fan opinion. No one’s expecting informed, qualified, expert judgement on the recruitment process of the next manager, but at least have a go and make the debate interesting.

No one? Really? have a look through recent threads.