Our problem right now? What would you do to ensure top 2?

More attacking football is the answer, the mood lifted when we started doing it.

sat bloody freezing with Oxford missing chance after chance against a disjointed side would garner no positive reaction from any supporters of any club in the country, thats football, and simply because a few posters have pointed out the blatantly obvious deficencies they are "moaning"....really?...They are concerned

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Let’s say Moore gets the boot on Monday, who are we going to bring in to get us into the top 2 come the end of the season?

Sean Dyche

Pay the big bucks, dangle the sleeping giant / potential carrot. PL in 3 years with massive bonuses. If DC has any ambition, go for it. Stop meddling with mediocrity. Because DM ain’t taking us much further, even if he does get us up this time. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Sean Dyche

Pay the big bucks, dangle the sleeping giant / potential carrot. PL in 3 years with massive bonuses. If DC has any ambition, go for it. Stop meddling with mediocrity. Because DM ain’t taking us much further, even if he does get us up this time. 

Decent shout that. Paying the big bucks got us where we are today though so we’d have to prepared to pay the consequences if it didn’t work out.

18 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Start every game 352.

Start Smith & Gregory every game.

Keep Palmer RWB.

Stop passing free-kicks backwards then filter it back to keeper or defender to punt 

Start with tempo minute 1, not minute 65.

Earlier balls forward.

I agree with most of that but I would rather see Palmer as the right centre back while we have the injuries as I don’t want Iorfa anywhere near the first 11 

Hunt Patterson or Mighten would have to play right wing back , not ideal but they are the options 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Decent shout that. Paying the big bucks got us where we are today though so we’d have to prepared to pay the consequences if it didn’t work out.

Agree, but Carlos was a relatively unknown quantity in the game. Dyche is as guaranteed as it’s possible to be. Could be a glorious appointment. Needs a bit of vision, cash & big nads to go for it though. 

3 hours ago, Owl in Nottingham said:

We have a decent enough manager. We are sat in a decent position for this stage of the season.

I doubt there is a great deal of difference between the managers of the top 6 each season.

We have a big usually half empty stadium, in which unless we are 2 goals ahead after 20 minutes becomes a cauldron of intimidation for our own players.

Our problem is getting enough of our own fans to give a bit of positive support to the guys on the pitch during the inevitable moments when opponents are having a period of the match when they are on top.

Less moaning is the answer and just a bit better support.

I think you guys are too hard on yourself.  You’ll go up with Ipswich in the top 2. Your depth of squad will see you through.  Try to enjoy the ride!  

However, Schuy is light years ahead of Moore in terms of influencing a game.  Time after time our subs score - two yesterday.  He’s one of the few managers that always makes attacking subs if we aren’t winning and they invariably pay off against tiring or retreating teams.  

18 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Start every game 352.

Keep Palmer RWB.

Stop passing free-kicks backwards then filter it back to keeper or defender to punt 

Earlier balls forward.

Not rocket science is it and your bang on.

2nd half of last season he stopped with his ridiculous tactics and reverted to the above.

Until he is forced into it he will carry on regardless

• Like 1

Getting Byers, Adeniran and Famewo back will all undoubtedly help.  Playing Famewo left CB and putting James into the WB position will give us a better  left side. 
Stop messing around with the forwards and leave Smith and Gregory together and then instruct to press.  I sometimes think only Gregory has been to.dot do this and he runs his blood to water.  
With the return also of Bannan and Byers alongside Denis in midfield I am sure everything will turn out OK. 

• Like 1

I think the problems centre around the wing-backs. We’re missing the Jack Hunt of last season and Johnson isn’t at the level of where he was last season.

I think getting Hunt back in the team and getting Reece James in at left wing-back maybe the answer going forward. That and giving Gregory and Smith a extended run as a front two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, vulva said:

I suggested selling Windass in the summer and got laughed at. Luxury player without the luxury. Get rid. 

Champ Mgr stuff but send Mighten back, farm out Wilks on loan and do a deal to get Dele Bashiru away. Body language tells me he doesn’t want to be here and if he signs a pre contract for someone in January we don’t want him in the building. 

That will free up some decent wages. Pace up front, centre half and width. The whole thing needs a freshen up. 

100% bang on

19 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Start every game 352.

Keep Palmer RWB.

Earlier balls forward.

agree with every  word. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vulva said:

I suggested selling Windass in the summer and got laughed at. Luxury player without the luxury. Get rid. 

Champ Mgr stuff but send Mighten back, farm out Wilks on loan and do a deal to get Dele Bashiru away. Body language tells me he doesn’t want to be here and if he signs a pre contract for someone in January we don’t want him in the building. 

That will free up some decent wages. Pace up front, centre half and width. The whole thing needs a freshen up. 

I don’t think we can send Wilks out on loan due to him already playing for 2 teams this season?

We do need to freshen it up but I have my doubts as to how much business we’ll actually do.

I really like FDB as a player but if he isn’t going to sign we need to get shut in January .  I’d also look to offload Windass at the right price.  

Defence, striker and possibly midfield.  Depends what is available.

Do you stick or twist with DM.  Getting rid of Megson at the time was unpopular but it got us up (before the wheels came off for Jones).  It worked for Sunderland last season.  On the flip side we are third, averaging nearly two points per game and very much all to play for.  Tough being the owner of a football club.  

• Like 1

A been mentioned, stop messing about with formation's and go back to 3-5-2, give some clarity to players, it can't help changing thing's every week, it just adds inconsistency.

Gregory and Smith should be paired together for the foreseeable, no excuses not to give them a run.

Bannan and Byers is a no brainer, then i would like to see Adeniran with them, let them build a partnership. Dele - Bashiru is currently too inconsistent, he's been off it lately, he probably know's he's going in January, so for me, have him on the bench, he's a better impact player anyway.

I would like to see CB's at CB - Iorfa, McGuiness and Famewo, Get Palmer at RWB and James or Johnson at LWB, James better defensively, but Johnson is better attacking wise and would probably be better with getting crosses in for Smith and Gregory.

It's really not rocket science, Windass isn't doing enough to warrant a start, playing him in midfield leaves huge gaps, he needs a spell on the bench, Vaulks is another that i don't think is currently on it, so again on the bench. Paterson for me, should be allowed to move on in January, for all his work effort he isn't a striker and should NEVER be in place of Smith/Gregory, yes he can fill in other positions, but again it's a lot of running but not much else.

• Love 1

Statistically, managers make surprisingly little difference to results; success is primarily driven by money. Obviously not a complete correlation, but cash is king. 

We’ve not really spent anything, and have managed to assemble a decent squad.  There probably are managers who could eke more out of them, of course, but top quality managers maybe out of our reach. 

Maybe DC can loosen the purse strings a bit in January.  We’re very much still in the hunt, and at least the recent draws weren’t losses.  

We're having a poor run, although still managing not to lose. 

Dips in form happen to all teams, but we need to get out of our slump asap.

Hopefully the return of Bannan and Byers will provide some impetus. 

Moore tried something different yesterday in terms of formation and personnel. It didn't work, but need to find the right formula and importantly shift the balance towards attacking. I also think some tweaks would be useful in the January transfer window. 

Not great at the moment, but still in the mix. Legitimate causes for concern, particularly with those below catching up, but a win next time out will exercise some demons.

• Like 2

On 17/12/2022 at 19:44, Holmowl said:

Start every game 352.

Keep Palmer RWB.

Earlier balls forward.

Sounds about right and you would think pretty obvious too.