Team

2 hours ago, Grezus Bezzus said:

That's how youth football works.

How many times have you seen the youth team?

This season a few times there are a few i would be having in and around the first team.

with our current defensive issues and players being played out of position no better time to give youth a chance. But thats just not DM way instead we will see square pegs in round holes. It may work at this level but should we go up we will get found out a lot more often.

clubs in the EFL survive in modern football by developing their own players to save on fees and also sell on as assets, we continue to develop other teams youth but not our own. Was Gibson any better than Brennan - no, but Brennan barely got a chance so we could play Gibson.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Was Gibson any better than Brennan - no, but Brennan barely got a chance so we could play Gibson.

Yeah, he was easily better.

Perhaps in time Brennan will be as good or better, but he wasn't last season.

There's a reason why Gibson is playing in League One and Brennan is in League Two right now.

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

This season a few times there are a few i would be having in and around the first team.

with our current defensive issues and players being played out of position no better time to give youth a chance. But thats just not DM way instead we will see square pegs in round holes. It may work at this level but should we go up we will get found out a lot more often.

clubs in the EFL survive in modern football by developing their own players to save on fees and also sell on as assets, we continue to develop other teams youth but not our own. Was Gibson any better than Brennan - no, but Brennan barely got a chance so we could play Gibson.

There's a lot here that I disagree with. 

Please name the few you "would be having in and around the first team".