Exeter manager straight talking

If we were Exeter fans we would be feeling robbed. Their message board is surprisingly fair, yes a few think they were robbed, but quite a few thought a draw was about right .. and a few couldn't believe that Wednesday are supposedly one of ' the best teams ' . On yesterday's showing you can't blame them.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chris Apolon said:

I took my daughter to her first ever Wednesday game yesterday and she went bananas at the goal. That was the highlight.

I've lived in Exeter many years and they're no mugs. They play fast counter attacking football and score a lot of goals. This would explain why, tactically, we sat so deep and refused to press in midfield.

I would say all exeters chances came from defensive mistakes but we allowed them to control midfield whilst we sat back. With the frailties we have at the back at present this was a mistake

We were godawful in the 2nd half, FDB was tosh, bakinson I think was playing for them the amount of times he was passing to them, smith was stroppy and windass was wild not in a good way

We slightly improved when palmer finally moved to right back and he should have had a penalty and when we started going direct.

On the whole, whilst we were okay in thr first half, exeter were the better team overall and whilst individual performances weren't great I think tactically we made the wrong call in sitting deep AND passing it around the back.

We set up not to concede. And looked a bit directionless when we did.

Just about how I'd sum it up

6 hours ago, heard that pardon said:

So why was the Exeter's local radio station saying Blackman was the busier of the two keepers after the game finished.

He was putting some shelves up, one of those jobs he hadn't had the time to get round to so far this season.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WestBerksOwl said:

If we were Exeter fans we would be feeling robbed. Their message board is surprisingly fair, yes a few think they were robbed, but quite a few thought a draw was about right .. and a few couldn't believe that Wednesday are supposedly one of ' the best teams ' . On yesterday's showing you can't blame them.

That's exactly what the Derby fans were saying on their forums last week  

'How the hell are that lot 3rd in the league'.

6 hours ago, Chris Apolon said:

I took my daughter to her first ever Wednesday game yesterday and she went bananas at the goal. That was the highlight.

I've lived in Exeter many years and they're no mugs. They play fast counter attacking football and score a lot of goals. This would explain why, tactically, we sat so deep and refused to press in midfield.

I would say all exeters chances came from defensive mistakes but we allowed them to control midfield whilst we sat back. With the frailties we have at the back at present this was a mistake

We were godawful in the 2nd half, FDB was tosh, bakinson I think was playing for them the amount of times he was passing to them, smith was stroppy and windass was wild not in a good way

We slightly improved when palmer finally moved to right back and he should have had a penalty and when we started going direct.

On the whole, whilst we were okay in thr first half, exeter were the better team overall and whilst individual performances weren't great I think tactically we made the wrong call in sitting deep AND passing it around the back.

We set up not to concede. And looked a bit directionless when we did.

glad she enjoyed it

• Like 1

A comment from a Manager hurting that they conceded in 94th minute. Understandable, outplayed is silly talk but they were the better team second half. He can have that because, my God, we were so poor second half.

The only encouragement to take from that game is that we came back to draw even though we played badly. Last season we would not have come back to get anything from the game.

• Like 2

Guest mrbluesky

We let them make a game of it, which is a poor reflection on our performance, managers have to motivate their players, Darren Moore put a positive slant on our performance, all managers do it.

For anyone still labouring under the illusion that Exeter created the better chances, here's the expected goals timeline for Saturday's game:

1.png.3b1066da70f7b1b8479d966de96648e7.png

We were all a bit unimpressed by the performance, but some on here tend to overstate how poor we are whenever we underwhelm, for some reason.

It is possible to have an off day without deserving to lose.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Correct but they're 7th and not really in the hunt for the autos. I know a few Derby fans and they will be happy if they make the play offs.

We're supposed to be one of the favourites for promotion.

Let’s hope we don’t fall into playoffs and have to play Derby!!?!