A point won | Darren Moore's post-Exeter reaction

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

I think the majority expect us to walk the league with the squad we have.

I don't agree with but if you are right it begs the question of why? 

We weren't even favourites to win the league at the start of the season. So why do our fans think we should be miles ahead of everyone else?

Ipswich were more fancied than we were and Barnsley and Peterborough have comparable squads with some good players for this level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sethman75 said:

I think the majority expect us to walk the league with the squad we have.

No your wron

the majority only expect the team to go out ,express there selves and don’t play with fear. 
DM talks about every team as if they are Real Madrid.

And as another headline I have just read said ,their manager said they totally outplayed us yesterday

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think the biggest problem with Datren is his lack of honesty. Thats just a red rag to a bull with many of our supporters. Wev'e been struggling for weeks now relying on 1-0 struggles or lucky breaks. 

Its far from convincing and we just need some forthright comments.

Movement on and off the ball not good enough, too slow in getting it forward, sloppy play leading to goals against. 

Supporters are more likely to back him if he shows awareness of our problems.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

So our form is poor because of the World Cup ?

really?

DM’s tactics at the min are keep a clean sheet and hope we Knick a goal

Yeah that’s the only thing I put it down to isn’t it. Our dip in form has many reasons including injuries and who and where we are playing. It’s in the balance , two away points at Exeter and Derby are decent if we pick up 3 points in the forthcoming home games. We should also be capable of this without Bannan if necessary, time for the likes of Bakinson to show what he can do.

12 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Most will be happy as long as Moore gets us up.

We know that there's the odd few who think we would be walking the league but they are in the minority.

Overall we are doing OK but the last few performances have been poor. We do need to show that these are not becoming the norm. 

Overall I remain confident we will get automatic promotion. Plymouth seem to be falling away now. I think Barnsley will be our main competition for that second slot. Ipswich I feel are the best team in the league and will win it. 

It’s that turgid part of the season where it becomes a real grind and battle. We need a good Xmas but if we do then we’d be half way to that points total that comprises “waking the league”. Those that do that still have to grind out results when not playing well, that’s how it works at every level. If we are in a similar situation as we head into spring we could kick on and we only need to catch one of the above who will also be under pressure.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel. said:

It’s that turgid part of the season where it becomes a real grind and battle. We need a good Xmas but if we do then we’d be half way to that points total that comprises “waking the league”. Those that do that still have to grind out results when not playing well, that’s how it works at every level. If we are in a similar situation as we head into spring we could kick on and we only need to catch one of the above who will also be under pressure.

Agreed but from how we are playing do you really see glimpses of the core ingredients for promotion, a promotion team has that even when they playing  bad 

17 hours ago, Jim said:

3 defeats in 21 games. One of the meanest defences in the league and achieving 2 points a game which the masses on here were demanding yet the masses want him out. I’ll never understand our fan base as the likes of Lukuhay, Monk and Pulis never got the sh!t, our current manager gets.

All 3 got wayyyy  much worse,and you know it..........You STILL give GM pelters Years after he left....We very nearly lost(bar a great piece of skill from Patto) to an Exeter side who can only manage mid table mediocraty in a poor Division(they just about win as many as they lose)

From memory only Owlstalk & myself were at one time backing GM....Jos did wonders with a massive injury problem,& got the best out of Lucas & Big Dave,to fire us out of relegation trouble,GM did a great job with NO backroom staff,beat the top of the League(and for me) had turned a corner when he was fired...

He clearly hadnt lost the dressing room.....

TP simply wasnt the right appointment(and even he knew it  in my view).....

And lets look at the one you DONT mention....Bruce.....whatever happened to him????....

Edited by parajack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

All 3 got wayyyy  much worse,and you know it..........You STILL give GM pelters Years after he left....We very nearly lost(bar a great piece of skill from Patto) to an Exeter side who can only manage mid table mediocraty in a poor Division(they just about win as many as they lose)

From memory only Owlstalk & myself were at one time backing GM....Jos did wonders with a massive injury problem,& got the best out of Lucas & Big Dave,to fire us out of relegation trouble,GM did a great job with NO backroom staff,beat the top of the League(and for me) had turned a corner when he was fired...

He clearly hadnt lost the dressing room.....

TP simply wasnt the right appointment(and even he knew it  in my view).....

And lets look at the one you DONT mention....Bruce.....whatever happened to him????....

No they didn’t. And why should I mention Bruce, his time here was so short it’s irrelevant.

Monk had the dressing room? He was the type of manager who would fall out with himself in an empty room. Let’s face it, the players who were coming out of contract weren’t prepared to put a shift in for him then he f**ked off the ones who were, decisions that eventually got us relegated.

Pulis was the wrong appointment when in truth he shouldn’t have been.

Lukuhay found a way that was successful but then bizarrely abandoned it.

Moore has improved the atmosphere around the club,. I think we’re doing ok on the pitch. Could we be doing better? Maybe. Could we be doing worse? Definitely.

I can’t be ar$ed arguing the to$$ anymore as once the ‘Moore Out’ brigade get what they want. He’ll be replaced with another to$$er like the managers, you constantly stick up for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 1966 said:

Agreed but from how we are playing do you really see glimpses of the core ingredients for promotion, a promotion team has that even when they playing  bad 

As we have 42 points and every chance of getting to half way with between 45-50 then why not? 90-100 points over the season. I suspect we will get key players back and strengthen in January so it’s about staying within distance to the final straight 

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

As we have 42 points and every chance of getting to half way with between 45-50 then why not? 90-100 points over the season. I suspect we will get key players back and strengthen in January so it’s about staying within distance to the final straight 

Darren no excuse in your post match coming away with 2 points from 6, from the worse Derby side in years and bang average Exeter team is poor return from a promotion challenging team which ever way you look at it 

2 hours ago, Jim said:

No they didn’t. And why should I mention Bruce, his time here was so short it’s irrelevant.

Monk had the dressing room? He was the type of manager who would fall out with himself in an empty room. Let’s face it, the players who were coming out of contract weren’t prepared to put a shift in for him then he f**ked off the ones who were, decisions that eventually got us relegated.

Pulis was the wrong appointment when in truth he shouldn’t have been.

Lukuhay found a way that was successful but then bizarrely abandoned it.

Moore has improved the atmosphere around the club,. I think we’re doing ok on the pitch. Could we be doing better? Maybe. Could we be doing worse? Definitely.

I can’t be ar$ed arguing the to$$ anymore as once the ‘Moore Out’ brigade get what they want. He’ll be replaced with another to$$er like the managers, you constantly stick up for.

DM HAS improved the atmosphere around the Club,no denying & i actually agree with much of what you say,I am NOT calling for his head,never HAVE(though you would think it)

I think Monk would have kept us in the Championship personally,but thats just my view.My issue with Darren is his preference for possession based,playing it out style football...3rd or not,i dont think it will get us top spot,or second spot.....

We cant keep turning in displays like yesterday and get away with it....

• Like 1

In  the olden days under Monk/Pulis/Jos we would play rubbish and get beat.

Since Moore has arrived, we still play a bit rubbish, but we get points.

Two draws from tricky games at Derby and Exeter (neither venue has been a particularly happy hunting ground in our history) and the World is about to end.

A few injuries but the January window about to open...We keep going!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

In  the olden days under Monk/Pulis/Jos we would play rubbish and get beat.

Since Moore has arrived, we still play a bit rubbish, but we get points.

How much of that is down to being a division lower and the opponents being even more rubbish than us?

Pretty sure Monk would have beaten Forest Green.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1966 said:

Darren no excuse in your post match coming away with 2 points from 6, from the worse Derby side in years and bang average Exeter team is poor return from a promotion challenging team which ever way you look at it 

42 points in early December is though, whichever way you look at it. We won’t have it easy all season, poor form indeed but we are not losing. We need to win the home games to keep on target.