A point won | Darren Moore's post-Exeter reaction

1 hour ago, Jim said:

3 defeats in 21 games. One of the meanest defences in the league and achieving 2 points a game which the masses on here were demanding yet the masses want him out. I’ll never understand our fan base as the likes of Lukuhay, Monk and Pulis never got the sh!t, our current manager gets.

All this is true, but we really were Poo Poo McGoo.

• Haha 1

It’s simple  we are a win off the top and we are not losing - agreed today was a fortunate point     But we have 20 to play and are right in it - this will be a tough gig to get out in 1st or 2nd place - but we can and will - I don’t like us without  bannan - let’s hope it is not for long - UTO 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm fairly desensitised to Moore's interviews these days, we know what's coming. 

It's not like when you flick on the radio and hear Michael Duff or Paul Heckingbottom, they are absolutely on the nose when their team played poorly.  No smoke and mirrors or meandering round a question, just straight talking. We appreciate that in this region and it begs the question of what his communication is like in the dressing room. 

Moore's answer answers a question he'd like to have been asked rather than a the question that was asked, rule 1 of media training.

What I will say though is I think he's worried. He mentioned a lack of fluidity last week and this week he's admitted the second half performance was poor (even though the first half one was poor as well). 

We are in 3rd place with a very very good squad. Yet we genuinely haven't played well for absolutely ages, and when we do it's not followed up with another dominant performance.

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, Jim said:

3 defeats in 21 games. One of the meanest defences in the league and achieving 2 points a game which the masses on here were demanding yet the masses want him out. I’ll never understand our fan base as the likes of Lukuhay, Monk and Pulis never got the sh!t, our current manager gets.

Most will be happy as long as Moore gets us up.

We know that there's the odd few who think we would be walking the league but they are in the minority.

Overall we are doing OK but the last few performances have been poor. We do need to show that these are not becoming the norm. 

Overall I remain confident we will get automatic promotion. Plymouth seem to be falling away now. I think Barnsley will be our main competition for that second slot. Ipswich I feel are the best team in the league and will win it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

We know that there's the odd few who think we would be walking the league but they are in the minority.

Overall we are doing OK but the last few performances have been poor. We do need to show that these are not becoming the norm. 

Overall I remain confident we will get automatic promotion. Plymouth seem to be falling away now. I think Barnsley will be our main competition for that second slot. Ipswich I feel are the best team in the league and will win it. 

I’ve always thought we’d get stronger as the season goes on just like we did last season and I still do. I just think there is too much negativity on here given that we’re arguably on course for what was being demanded at the start of the season.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jarce said:

All this is true, but we really were Poo Poo McGoo.

Sorry enough is enough that football was shocking and embarrassing no excuses playing like this we won’t get promotion no energy no passion no team spirit no formation or identity shocking 

Our performances have been boring AF all season.

Been getting away with murder most games. Hanging on whilst being blitzed by Shrewsbury was a particular highlight.

It was only a matter of time until we paid the price.

But contrarily, I still want Moore to see us through to a long term project. He gets the club, players seem to love him and he's swept a clean brush through the entire place.

Just wish he sent us out to attack like hunting dogs every game.

We've got the players, we've got the will, we've got a home crowd starved of something to truly get excited about chomping at the bit.

Take the shackles off Daz and get the place rocking.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I think the majority expect us to walk the league with the squad we have.

10 hours ago, Owls2k said:

I'm fairly desensitised to Moore's interviews these days, we know what's coming. 

It's not like when you flick on the radio and hear Michael Duff or Paul Heckingbottom, they are absolutely on the nose when their team played poorly.  No smoke and mirrors or meandering round a question, just straight talking. We appreciate that in this region and it begs the question of what his communication is like in the dressing room. 

Moore's answer answers a question he'd like to have been asked rather than a the question that was asked, rule 1 of media training.

What I will say though is I think he's worried. He mentioned a lack of fluidity last week and this week he's admitted the second half performance was poor (even though the first half one was poor as well). 

We are in 3rd place with a very very good squad. Yet we genuinely haven't played well for absolutely ages, and when we do it's not followed up with another dominant performance.

Excellent post 

completely agree

13 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Two unfancied away games and we got a point from both. In isolation I don’t think the last two draws have been bad but if we then don’t win at home and continue to struggle going forward it’s different. The injury situation and possibly even a bit distraction across football more generally by the World Cup hasn’t helped us. Our best bet will be catching Plymouth. Suspect both us and Ipswich will replace injuries with January loans

So our form is poor because of the World Cup ?

really?

DM’s tactics at the min are keep a clean sheet and hope we Knick a goal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1