If We Can Play That Badly And Still Get An Away Point...

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

we have been awful all season i posted this earlier . the football is beyond shocking ive travelled up and down the country to watch this garbage all season. lucky me gave this 500 plus mile trip a miss . fancy going all that way to watch that . i doubt we would have beaten a national league north team today . we wont get top 2 playing like this we might only scape top 6 if this dreadful football continues derby portsmouth barnsley etc will catch us . like many ive said d moore wont take us up this season. we all know we will get someone like peterborough in a playoff semi and we will fail . i also think it just aint the manager , most of our players are overrated . only bannan and paterson seem to care 

Didn’t the manager sign the overrated players? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, morganowl said:

we have been awful all season i posted this earlier . the football is beyond shocking ive travelled up and down the country to watch this garbage all season. lucky me gave this 500 plus mile trip a miss . fancy going all that way to watch that . i doubt we would have beaten a national league north team today . we wont get top 2 playing like this we might only scape top 6 if this dreadful football continues derby portsmouth barnsley etc will catch us . like many ive said d moore wont take us up this season. we all know we will get someone like peterborough in a playoff semi and we will fail . i also think it just aint the manager , most of our players are overrated . only bannan and paterson seem to care 

I don’t disagree with that other than the league is so bad we might just go up anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, morganowl said:

it is a dreadful league thats why rotherham always go up with a very average team/squad on 25% of our wage budget 

Our players on big wages and think they can just turn up, well most of them, bannan runs his blood to water whilst windass thinks hes pele.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, debram said:

Our players on big wages and think they can just turn up, well most of them, bannan runs his blood to water whilst windass thinks hes pele.

yes ive said both recently . windass is 100% lazy and overrated . bannan always gives 110% so does patterson . mcginness thats about it rest are p@ss poor slackers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, parajack said:

Luck runs out.......BB injured now,& Patterson may leave in Jan......Smith,Windass,Gregory,largely blank firing..........whats going on???

Gregory isn’t blank though.

He scored 3 in 3 starts then got dropped. He’s only played a handful of minutes since then.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Gregory isn’t blank though.

He scored 3 in 3 starts then got dropped. He’s only played a handful of minutes since then.

I was refering to todays game,Gregory sat on the bench.......is he not fit?injured? why is he out of favour? Whats JW doing?

Edited by parajack
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, parajack said:

I was refering to todays game,Gregory sat on the bench.......is he not fit?injured? why is he out of favour? Whats JW doing?

Clearly DM doesn’t fancy Smith & Gregory.

He’s wrong.

Thats 11 starts now for Windass where he’s scored one goal, no assists, and we’ve looked toothless. The only game we scored freely recently was Burton when Windass didn’t play.

He finally paired Gregory and Smith after 77 minutes today then promptly subbed Smith off.

I don’t get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So what is the perception of playing badly? The stats that @bradowl posted from the BBC web site would suggest a draw was a fair result. I listened to the BBC Devon commentary on iFollow whilst watching the match and whilst they got quite a bit wrong (both Dean and Luke Windass (who?) played for us today, our shirt numbers are blue, biased towards incorrect refs decisions etc.) they did end by saying they thought a draw was a fair result. So was their pre-match aspirations that a draw was a good result and ours that it was a case of "win only"?

Personally I thought we were slack all over. We never got going, our passing was like a Sunday league team at times, we couldn't beat their mid- and low-blocks (as per!) and we didn't look like we had one goal in us, nevermind the two we needed to win after going behind. Yet everything suggests I'm wrong. And so are many other people according to the stats. 

So were we bad, or is it our expectations getting in the way of reality?

• Like 1

Definition of insanity has been described as doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different outcome. The attempts to play our way out of defence yesterday typified this. 
It can work, and when it does it leaves the pressing players stranded upfield with gaps in behind. Yesterday we couldn’t get past an energetic young team pressing very effectively.

Our current players just aren’t very good and with key players missing we must be prepared to change when faced with teams like Exeter have sussed us out. 

Too many points being dropped now to expect automatic promotion.

• Haha 2