SWFC vs Newcastle game - The geordies are coming in big numbers

20 hours ago, morganowl said:

why do numbers get less and less in the away end every year . top holds 4100 bottom 2500 = 6600 what other ground has 2100 empty seats for safetly etc?  we have all been to many grounds what are cramped , far worse than our place.  not sure what the sag capacity is now ,im guessing what we had in playoff semi 

I know it’s pathetic!! Why is Hillsborough not allowed to be full anymore?  There doesn’t seem to be much of a police presence at Hillsborough like there used to be. Is it all down to cutbacks on policing and stewarding? This whole issue really winds me up.

13 hours ago, morganowl said:

but those seats  in west upper and lower sold for many many years after 1989 fully without incident , even hosting the euros denmark croatia in 1996 league cups final replay etc etc . 

of course we would all love it to be flattened and rebuilt but costs a lot of money which wont happen unless club gets to premier league 

Exactly!! We played our friends fromt other side at least twice in the last 20 + years where every seat was taken in the away end, even the cheese wedge triangle. We all survived those games without mass riots and carnage. 

8 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

I know it’s pathetic!! Why is Hillsborough not allowed to be full anymore?  There doesn’t seem to be much of a police presence at Hillsborough like there used to be. Is it all down to cutbacks on policing and stewarding? This whole issue really winds me up.

Police are probably scared of our 15 year olds pointing at them.

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but none of those ground had people die in a disaster, 33 years ago and the ground has barely change in that time.

The leppings lane end should have been bulldozed and rebuilt a fresh and better equipped. Instead chairman after chairman has failed to invest in the infrastructure of the club.

It wasn't the chairman or chairmen that neglected the Leppings Lane end. The West stand and terracing was paid for by the donations and lottery funds that were paid for by the fans and organised and administered by Denis Woodhead and later Derek Dooley.

As for Eric Taylor, he may have been a little tight regarding player acquisitions but we were always there or there abouts for the best part of 20 years and Hillsborough, Yes Hillsborough, was for that period regarded as the best ground outside Wembley.  

1 hour ago, trev said:

IF we moved to a new ground or even demolished Hillsborough and built a new ground...would we still get this sort of treatment from SAG and the police?

Is it the stadium....or our name, which is tainted?

went to the new wimbledon ground last year there sag taped 400 seats up allowing only 1000 out of 1400 seats in a brand new ground loads of room etc . if u have a pr@ck with a pen they do as they wish  regards stuff like this , also 1/2 other occasions where local sag have done similar , oxford away? do they prefer us to invade the home ends? hows that good for safety . 

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

Indeed but as soon as the inquest started that all changed our stadium went from nearly 40,000 to barely 33,000. The traffic restrictions started on Penistone Rd, the switch of game to silly days and times if other team in south yorkshire were also at home.

Now we will always get treated differently. You wait till the club apply for a safe standing area. Like Man Utd, Liverpool and many other already have.

true. it also would make little difference if a new 8000 seater stand got built  they would still only allow 6000 tops . move to another new ground and same would happen .  agenda is what its called

• Like 1

On 09/12/2022 at 04:35, @owlstalk said:

A-Newcastle-fan.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have handed Newcastle 4500 tickets for their FA Cup match at Hillsborough

It's going to be a big one!

£20 a ticket too 

Winner

Looks like Steve Bruce is doing a Tango impression!

16 hours ago, Ian said:

The fact that it was seen as a crime scene stopped any possible development for years

I thought they put seats in the lower tier, extended the roof created more space at entry points and added more turnstiles  a year after the disaster. 

Train strike, live on BBC1, evening kick off just after Christmas, £20 tickets, attractive PL opposition / League One opposition. 

Newcastle fans, with a 2 hour+ journey by car/coach to a lower league club - easily sell out.

Wednesday fans, for a home game against top 4 PL opposition - "Ooh, but there's a train strike, ooh it's live on TV, ooh it's an evening kick off just after Christmas, ooh I'm not paying £20"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cowgate roundabout said:

You can't get away tickets for nufc games,infact home  tickets are rare as rocky horse poo,so tbh I'm glad it's o n the telly we are travelling down early and have digs booked in sheff ,ganning on the lash till 6pm and like hundreds of us will be in the home end.

Be a good idea to try to sit close to your fans in away end then, North stands the best view!😅

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kevowls1 said:

Be a good idea to try to sit close to your fans in away end then, North stands the best view!😅

Aye I'll hide the colour's and but on a yorky accent I hate "t" ******** geordies.

Once went to Barnsley for an away game ******** hell man I loved the film Kes but it was surreal..

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cowgate roundabout said:

Aye I'll hide the colour's and but on a yorky accent I hate "t" ******** geordies.

Once went to Barnsley for an away game ******** hell man I loved the film Kes but it was surreal..

To be fair most Wednesdayites respect the Geordies support and people. Most would enjoy having a pint and a laugh with you. But unfortunately like many clubs we've got a fair few who enjoy the agro.

6 minutes ago, Kevowls1 said:

To be fair most Wednesdayites respect the Geordies support and people. Most would enjoy having a pint and a laugh with you. But unfortunately like many clubs we've got a fair few who enjoy the agro.

Hope not kev I can't be bothered with the agro poo just a chance to get to watch the toon for me, been to Sheffield wednesday about 5 times and had a great day everytime.

22 hours ago, alanharper said:

Train strike, live on BBC1, evening kick off just after Christmas, £20 tickets, attractive PL opposition / League One opposition. 

Newcastle fans, with a 2 hour+ journey by car/coach to a lower league club - easily sell out.

Wednesday fans, for a home game against top 4 PL opposition - "Ooh, but there's a train strike, ooh it's live on TV, ooh it's an evening kick off just after Christmas, ooh I'm not paying £20"

It will be cold as well.

10 minutes ago, Cowgate roundabout said:

Hope not kev I can't be bothered with the agro poo just a chance to get to watch the toon for me, been to Sheffield wednesday about 5 times and had a great day everytime.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the game and day out win or loose.

Shame we couldn't give you more tickets, it would add to the atmosphere. Leppings lane was 14k at one time, just 4.5k for away fans now sadly (for obvious reasons).

Anyhow, hopefully this will become a regular fixture again soon!