E-tickets

Right it's 2022 and we still can't accommodate E-tickets on the gates for some reason (something to do with the scanners not being able to scan a phone screen)

I don't have a printer because, again it's 2022 and there's little need to print anything which means if I want a ticket I have to go get one from the ticket office which is ridiculous.

Are they ever going to pull their finger out and sort it? If they can pay players tens of thousands a week they can afford 100 scanners surely?

Also can you pay on the gate today? Haha

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, adamnich said:

Right it's 2022 and we still can't accommodate E-tickets on the gates for some reason (something to do with the scanners not being able to scan a phone screen)

I don't have a printer because, again it's 2022 and there's little need to print anything which means if I want a ticket I have to go get one from the ticket office which is ridiculous.

Are they ever going to pull their finger out and sort it? If they can pay players tens of thousands a week they can afford 100 scanners surely?

Yes you can pay on gate today

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, adamnich said:

If on your phone just show to turnstile supervisor who will sort for you

• Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Printers are incredibly cheap nowadays, the ink can be more expensive than the printer itself. 

Other options are to pay on turnstile, buy online or over phone collecting tickets on day or have them posted out to you. 

tbf if you don't have/need a printer at home, nobody's going to buy one just to print out a handful of home cup tie tickets a year! Personally I print them at work.

Paying on the gate means you have no control over what seat you get, might be crap, and there's no option to have home tickets posted out. We've actually gone backwards, a few years ago cup games could be loaded onto your season ticket card but they don't/ can't even do that any more. 

• Like 1

Completely agree with the OP on this. Printing a ticket is a nuisance. Collecting a ticket involves possibly a diversion, likely a queue. Just about any other venue I use, whether sports or arts, has phone tickets as standard. 

We are very useless at the basic admin.

Incidentally its all well and good to say everyone has a printer. Neither of my kids has a printer in their house/flat and wouldn't see the need for one.  That wouldn't have been the case perhaps ten years ago. We do have one but I can't recall the last time I used it other than twice in the past year to print out a ticket for Hillsborough. Mrs W maybe uses it every couple of months,no more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, adamnich said:

Yep, use real money, no scanning required.

• Love 1