Jump to content

McGuinness


SLJ

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I’d be amazed if Cardiff don’t recall him in January. Moore has done for Cardiff and McGuinness this season what he did for Preston and Storey last season.

And people question Moore. We’ve built this season on clean sheets🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SLJ said:

Get this lad signed up please. His performances on the pitch are on another level but off the pitch he’s a proper class act. In corporate today and  he got the man of the match. The look on his face whilst signing kids programmes and shirts was something I haven’t seen for years, in fact I haven’t seen a player loved like that for years. He’s the happiest lad in the world at the moment, a true gentleman, footballer and all round man. 

 

He's a Rolls Royce of a defender, better than Storey for me. I can see him having a great career. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

 

Funnily enough some of us fans like to judge a manager not just how well we develop someone else's player. 

 

 

But isn’t it that a skill at this level? How would you consider success ?? Was Shipston on the bench today???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SLJ said:

But isn’t it that a skill at this level? How would you consider success ?? Was Shipston on the bench today???

It's a skill at any level.

 

But I don't judge a manager's success on little achievements, but the overall goal. 

 

We brought Moore in to save us from relegation, he failed. 

We should have got us promoted last year, we didn't. 

We have the best squad in the division this season, let's see where we land. 

 

I have no issue with Moore's recruitment, it's generally good but he's also been helped by the owner too. 

 

It's what he does with said players that is causing the reasonable questions.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

It's a skill at any level.

 

But I don't judge a manager's success on little achievements, but the overall goal. 

 

We brought Moore in to save us from relegation, he failed. 

We should have got us promoted last year, we didn't. 

We have the best squad in the division this season, let's see where we land. 

 

I have no issue with Moore's recruitment, it's generally good but he's also been helped by the owner too. 

 

It's what he does with said players that is causing the reasonable questions.

You’re a tough task master pal. I’d look at this in blocks of 10. Has the past 10 looked better than the last 10 and so on. We were broken when he took control, in fact we were rotten. Genuine question, what would make you think he’s succeeded? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SLJ said:

You’re a tough task master pal. I’d look at this in blocks of 10. Has the past 10 looked better than the last 10 and so on. We were broken when he took control, in fact we were rotten. Genuine question, what would make you think he’s succeeded? 

 

Tough task master?

 

We've been relegated and failed to win promotion under him. It might be 'tough', but it's completely correct. 

 

We are not in a position where failure is acceptable, especially in this league and the money we are losing. 

 

Moore came in and we won 3 out of 14 matches and got relegated. We picked up 13 points from 14 matches, a points per game that would've seen us with 43 points over a season. Awful.

 

As for blocks of 10, I only see us at home but we seem a confused and complicated outfit. The trajectory seems fairly level from the start of the season to now but I'm praying we find out groove. 

 

What has to be said though is that away from home we're no longer a soft touch, so credit to Darren for that.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

 

Tough task master?

 

We've been relegated and failed to win promotion under him. It might be 'tough', but it's completely correct. 

 

We are not in a position where failure is acceptable, especially in this league and the money we are losing. 

 

Moore came in and we won 3 out of 14 matches and got relegated. We picked up 13 points from 14 matches, a points per game that would've seen us with 43 points over a season. Awful.

 

As for blocks of 10, I only see us at home but we seem a confused and complicated outfit. The trajectory seems fairly level from the start of the season to now but I'm praying we find out groove. 

 

What has to be said though is that away from home we're no longer a soft touch, so credit to Darren for that.

 

 

Id discount the relegation season. We were down already. We needed the reset 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SLJ said:

Get this lad signed up please. His performances on the pitch are on another level but off the pitch he’s a proper class act. In corporate today and  he got the man of the match. The look on his face whilst signing kids programmes and shirts was something I haven’t seen for years, in fact I haven’t seen a player loved like that for years. He’s the happiest lad in the world at the moment, a true gentleman, footballer and all round man. 


Thats great to hear. Top post.

 

Super performance. Super player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...