January Transfer Window on the Horizon

14 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

I'd be very happy if our January business consisted of getting McGuiness and James signed permanently.

The only area I'd look to bring in additional personnel for is at CB to replace Big Ben, as any further injuries would leave us a bit thin in that department.

Generally I think we're covered all around the pitch, unless we lose someone (like FDB) of course.

Would be delighted with McGuinness permanently but reckon he’d be out of our reach. If there’s any possibility we can get the deal done then we should do it IMO — he’s got a bright future ahead of him

I’d be looking at a striker on loan and a cb . People writing jack hunt off , he will come back and be fine to compete with palmer , only 31 so be fine for this season . 

if famewo gets back that would leave us with

famewo

mcguiness

ikky 

iorfa 

new 

not sure on options at this stage , could be a prem younger lad or champ or do we sign a top league 2 cb or even our league ? 

can brennan be recalled actually? That’s an option too

On 13/11/2022 at 17:45, Inspector Lestrade said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/meetings-to-be-held-as-sheffield-wednesdays-january-transfer-activity-begins-to-ramp-up-3916166

Where do you think we should strength or do we even need to?

Me, I'd like see a forward been brought into the fold, even though I have been impressed with forwards overall, they all put in a good shift they have  lacked goals which at the end of the day is what they are here for.

Though I do admit finding one wouldn't be easy.

Your admitting something .?

Wow.

18 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

No Gimmes in EFL  1 & 2 But one lad with his scoring boots working is Sam Nombe. 

Not a bad shout,  I’m hoping now that we can spend money that we are one of the clubs looking out to sign the next Wilson, Watkins, Toney type striker who will help us get promoted next summer but has the attributes to potentially kick on in the championship too.  People say we aren’t in a position to take those risks but I feel that’s one of the main reasons we can’t progress, if you don’t invest in potential that delivers on the pitch, or as future profit in the bank to re-invest in more good players 

Edited by Southie_Owl

On 13/11/2022 at 22:19, OriginalAlien said:

I'd be very happy if our January business consisted of getting McGuiness and James signed permanently.

The only area I'd look to bring in additional personnel for is at CB to replace Big Ben, as any further injuries would leave us a bit thin in that department.

Generally I think we're covered all around the pitch, unless we lose someone (like FDB) of course.

This. Sign McGuiness and our business is good. I’m hoping new contracts for Dele and Byers are done too.