This is where Donny were when Moore left

10 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

You are misrepresenting these numbers

eg In watercress, protein accounts for 84% of its calories.

A 100-g serving of watercress contains 2.3 g of protein and 11 calories. A lot less than you are claiming.

Many modern day sports people are turning to a vegan diet, because they are realising the benefits.

However, I don't do it for health reasons. I do it because I am not selfish.

The concern that vegetarians, especially vegans and vegan athletes, may not consume an adequate amount and quality of protein is unsubstantiated. Vegetarian diets that include a variety of plant products provide the same protein quality as diets that include meat. Protein consumed from a variety of plant foods supplies an adequate quantity of essential amino acids when caloric intake is met. The protein from a vegan diet is also purer. Animals tend to pick up or are injected by chemicals. Fish carry lots of nasty substances in their flesh.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vegan Owl said:

Many modern day sports people are turning to a vegan diet, because they are realising the benefits.

However, I don't do it for health reasons. I do it because I am not selfish.

The concern that vegetarians, especially vegans and vegan athletes, may not consume an adequate amount and quality of protein is unsubstantiated. Vegetarian diets that include a variety of plant products provide the same protein quality as diets that include meat. Protein consumed from a variety of plant foods supplies an adequate quantity of essential amino acids when caloric intake is met. The protein from a vegan diet is also purer. Animals tend to pick up or are injected by chemicals. Fish carry lots of nasty substances in their flesh.

Doesn't change the fact your amounts of protein are incorrect or at best misleading.

You are making claims that are unsubstantiated and are misleading.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Doesn't change the fact your amounts of protein are incorrect or at best misleading.

And the meat industry doesn't do this?

2 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

OxonOwl, after 17 years and 18,909 posts, welcome to Owlstalk.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vegan Owl said:

And the meat industry doesn't do this?

Whataboutism in its purest form.

This still doesn't change the fact your amounts of protein are incorrect or at best misleading.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I am not debating diet, I am pointing out false claims that you made.

Quite simple and nowhere as interesting as debate.

...and I have been on here to long for this.

Where does it say I was debating with you, specifically?

I was debating with the poster who suggested I was protein deficient. 

You just pointed out some inaccuracies, that I take on board.

On 30/10/2022 at 14:23, sexpistol said:

Pleats time was strange in the fact his first season we weren’t safe mathematically on the final day, then we finished 7th and really should have qualified for Europe. Then we started badly before he was sacked. I wasn’t a Pleat fan, but he brought some excellent players to the club.

That's my 2nd favourite Wednesday season, top after 4 games!!!! 'Ritchie Humphries not ready for England' Pleat called a tactical genius on MOTD for Atherton man marking Mcmanamon out of the game in a 1-0 win at Anfield. That was a really decent squad looking back.

On 01/11/2022 at 13:31, OxonOwl said:

You are misrepresenting these numbers

eg In watercress, protein accounts for 84% of its calories.

A 100-g serving of watercress contains 2.3 g of protein and 11 calories. A lot less than you are claiming.

does this mean the 14 items above watercress checked out ok?  or did you just get lucky and pick watercress first up?

6 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

does this mean the 14 items above watercress checked out ok?  or did you just get lucky and pick watercress first up?

I didn't check all the others as I assumed the table was all from the same source. 

There was no way the levels of protein were that high.