Are we a dirty team

We aren't, but I fear we have a reputation as moaners on the pitch with referees. I'm not surprised we don't get 50/50s (particularly away) and refs take any opportunity to brandish cards. I'd say only 75% of the cards we have had have been fair. Can't argue with either of the reds this season.

My understanding was that referees were given orders by the EFL to punish us for challenging them on the Hillsborough sale.

EFL took their orders from the EPL, who in turn took their orders from FIFA.  Our challenge to the EFL had the game on all fours, and could have lead to the collapse of the game.  

We are paying the price for trying to get justice.  Expect many many more red and yellow cards this season.  

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's only a few matches ago that people were saying we are not in the refs faces like other teams...make your fuckingminds up lol

You clearly haven’t read MY posts as I’ve been critical of Bannan and Paterson  (and others) constantly arguing with refs for a very long time. Others on here might like sh*#housery but I certainly don’t and have posted so.

• Like 1

I've been at all the games so far, and in every single one the ref was quick to get cards out to our players for very minor fouls, whilst letting worse fouls go unpunished for the opposition. It gets to the point where you have to wonder if something really is going on beyond the general ineptitude of referees. 

• Like 4

Cant argue with the crazy tackle last night - it was a sending off . What I cant understand is why refs , who on the whole are poor in this league , aren't consistent with their poor decisions . Seems we get pulled up or booked for fouls that the opposites get away with .There was a clear push that should have given us a penalty last night which was just waived away without a second thought . Hopefully it was just one of those nights when what could go wrong did go wrong.

• Like 1

Wish we were dirty and genuinely earned those cards.

Our players get booked for playing for Wednesday it seems to me. 

Said it before, I think for a laugh, the refs pick out a team each season to take the pish out of and they've selected us several seasons running.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 2

I don't think we're dirty. 

I think we get penalised for every single 'professional foul' we make, where other sides don't seem to. 

I also think we're trying to model ourselves on the Wycombe of last season, or certainly elements of it (time wasting, crowding round refs constantly etc...) but we aren't very good at it. 

• Like 1

We do make a lot of petty fouls though.

There are professional fouls that serve a purpose, I'm happy with those.

There are clumsy ones, just missed the ball, late tackle. I'm OK with those.

But then there are the undisciplined, petty, deliberate fouls that serve no purpose whatsoever. We seem to do loads of them.

Bannan, Johnson, Hunt, Gregory. On a regular basis, all of them seem to get offended and take the player out if he goes past them regardless of other players covering or field position. Others do it too, but less often.

These are the ones that need sorting out.

What the hell was james thinking? That mindless tackle last night cost us the game, which was always going to be tough even with 11 men.  All very well apologising afterwards, too bloody late. Do something like that again and DM should boot him out!