Plastic Fans In 2022

Not got an issue with them 

A lot of us watch premiership football despite supporting league 1 clubs. Im enjoying league 1 for the bamter with fans of clubs we havent played before and it is it quote funny some of it (for the time being at least) but lets be honest the standard is sh*t and watching  better standard stuff is needed personally 

and the best hope Derby have of winning something is the pizza cup... garymegson

It still bothers me. Football is about representing your city, region, country. I can’t understand how a Londoner can buy into a Manchester or Liverpool club.

However, I find that much more acceptable than people supporting clubs in other countries. Fair enough, follow a foreign club, but IMO it’s a bit childish to full on support them (if you have no connections with them)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It only bothers me if they think that's all that matters.

Someone asked me last week how "my PL team got on at the weekend?" he is a Man Utd fan who lives in Hungary, he's English although not from Manchester (obviously) so not someone who fails to understand the football pyramid

Instead of asking me "how my team got on this weekend?"

As it was on teams I typed (& deleted) a few responses before replying "I don't have one", before discussing how s*** Man Utd are.

• Like 1

Ill now add after being baited by a Forest fan 

“Your now an insignificance, no one knows who Derby County are, your not on any radar”

ill add its not the plastics that pi33 me off its the fans of clubs that have been sh!t for two decades all of a sudden coming out  from under their rock and spouting b0llocks like that. He meant it as well. And people wonder why a few other clubs fans have a ******** problem with these lot down the A52 

Leicester fans have beem saying it for 5 or 6 years as well, its inverted snobarry and it stinks 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Not got an issue with them 

A lot of us watch premiership football despite supporting league 1 clubs. Im enjoying league 1 for the bamter with fans of clubs we havent played before and it is it quote funny some of it (for the time being at least) but lets be honest the standard is sh*t and watching  better standard stuff is needed personally 

and the best hope Derby have of winning something is the pizza cup... garymegson

Hands off, that's ours.

• Haha 2

Not even remotely, and it used to a lot.

It’s a lost battle. Folk in this country and beyond cut about in San Francisco 49ers or Green Bay Packers gear, and this is absolutely no different.

The Premier League is now a global product. It might as well be a different sport to the one we are playing. 

• Like 2

It doesn't really bother me, they can never have the feeling I get when Wednesday score. The feeling that comes from years of heartache and misery🙄.

Just picking a team because they're successful on the telly is a bit silly really. In the late 80's I bet kids chose Everton, they've probably switched now as Everton will never win anything again. Same applies (perhaps) to Spurs, and even Arsenal and Man UTD. The latter two won everything from 1990 to 2012 (approx). Now they win nothing.

• Like 2

I actually like the term when it's used to reference glory hunters who support Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea on the back of recent success. Obviously I elected to omit Man U from that statement, they are probably shedding plastics right now.......

I fully support people from other cities and country's getting behind any other type of club, prepared to do the hard yards of supporting with only a guarantee of angst and misery. I applaud that. 😂

Nothing can replace a legacy fan though IMO they are the heart and soul of the game. 

I pity them, they’ll never know what it’s like to be a proper fan. Grown adults supporting a team they have no real connection to other than watching them on telly and buying an £80 shirt is just sad really. 

Supporting Wednesday is a reliable source of disappointment, but when the good times eventually roll around every so often, they’re genuinely special moments. It’s proper football and I wouldn’t change it for owt

• Like 6

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

I pity them, they’ll never know what it’s like to be a proper fan. Grown adults supporting a team they have no real connection to other than watching them on telly and buying an £80 shirt is just sad really. 

Supporting Wednesday is a reliable source of disappointment, but when the good times eventually roll around every so often, they’re genuinely special moments. It’s proper football and I wouldn’t change it for owt

Couldn't have said it better

6 hours ago, beswetherick said:

Where do I fit as a Wednesday fan with no connection other than watching them on telly?