La Liga on ITV

On 12/08/2022 at 23:58, Kopparberg said:

…Premier Sports got the rights to La Liga a while ago and I don’t think anyone pays for that channel. 

Fyi they also own free sports games from various Spanish and Portuguese league shown there too.

Does make you wonder why and how have itv bought rights to something that was already bought? And secondly 10 games? A game every 3 weeks?

To me this shows premier sports must be really struggling of they need to make this deal.

3 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Fyi they also own free sports games from various Spanish and Portuguese league shown there too.

Does make you wonder why and how have itv bought rights to something that was already bought? And secondly 10 games? A game every 3 weeks?

To me this shows premier sports must be really struggling of they need to make this deal.

I think they are struggling with the subscriptions. Not many will pay for that as well as Sky/BT. Apart from la liga I think they only have rights to Scottish Cup competitions.

32 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Forgot about this, made a mental note to watch it as well. Since it’s ITV4 I imagine they’ll be showing the game on repeat at least twice a day though

It's on the itv hub. They've not announced their September game yet but if they are keeping the Sunday night slot it looks like it could be the Madrid derby. 

• Like 1