Mike ashley

1 minute ago, S26 Owl said:

Yes. Hes a business man and he knows that he'd make huge profits if he sold us as a prem team so would do all he could to get us there IMO. The issues with Ashley come when we'd get up to the prem but I'd happily take there, newcastle fans didn't realise how lucky they had it

Good owner for them ..relegated then straight back up.yes money involved but he knows how to run a club..

1 hour ago, S26 Owl said:

Yes. Hes a business man and he knows that he'd make huge profits if he sold us as a prem team so would do all he could to get us there IMO. The issues with Ashley come when we'd get up to the prem but I'd happily take there, newcastle fans didn't realise how lucky they had it

But he wouldn't get us there.

Said this before when Newcastle fans were moaning about nothing, apart from Ross Wallace taking a corner.

How much debt did he get them in?

Just because he didn't spaff millions each transfer window, the only time he did was when he gave Bruce 40 million and he blew it on Joelinton 🤣

He knows how to both run and grow a business, instant success it ain't but long term success it is.

7 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

A problem we'd all accept right now 😃

I'm not sure why we are having a debate about Ashley?

He buys businesses in distress for knockdown prices. He baulked at Derby's admin price, that's a fraction of what DC would want. 

For all we may desire the promotion success he had at Newcastle, he was universally hated by their fans. And, let's not forget the one who got them relegated, they also had such an overwhelming financial advantage that season in the championship, it was almost inevitable they would go back up. 

• Like 2

Why are we discussing new owners when our current one albeit having made mistakes appears to have got the club on a stable footing.

We appear to be run more like a business than for longer than I can remember and he’s supporting the Manager where he can.

Unless we end up in admin and writing off some debts what would be the benefit of new owners?

Jesus wept drawn one, won one, some exciting talent in the team… what more do you want!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue_&_white_wizards said:

Why are we discussing new owners when our current one albeit having made mistakes appears to have got the club on a stable footing.

We appear to be run more like a business than for longer than I can remember and he’s supporting the Manager where he can.

Unless we end up in admin and writing off some debts what would be the benefit of new owners?

Jesus wept drawn one, won one, some exciting talent in the team… what more do you want!

*Too ******** right Dephjon.

*Couple more strikers with pace will suffice. 

I’m no fan of Chansiri, and the day news breaks of the Red Bull takeover, along with a Brazilian GK signing I will be delighted.  

but in short, Chansiri is not our biggest problem at the moment 

Signing the missing players we need within our league 1 budget and coaching the very good squad to promotion should be the main focus.  

• Like 1