Club 1867

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But you’re suggesting fans who were sold a book three years ago who haven’t received the book should be the ones sorting it out

Why the hell haven’t the fans who bought this Club1867 scheme been contacted proactively by the club?

Even if it’s just to say ‘we expected hundreds of people to sign up to club1867 but only 9 did so it’s not really viable to produce the promised book so we are going to give you a goodwill gesture of xxxxxxxxx’

Not just fob fans off hoping they forget about their purchase and give up asking where it is 

I absolutely agree with you. 

Another utter disastrous approach to dealing with the "big" swfc contributors. 

What I'm saying is. There is a new breed of pr ppl at Hillsborough that probably aren't aware of such fizz ups 

2 hours ago, bobness said:

In defence of the club, I imagine the intent was there, just they hadn't anticipated so few would take them up on the brilliant offer of getting a plaque (for one season) and a book for such a bargain sum!

This is it in a nutshell.

I think Chansiri thought it would be a really popular idea. To anybody who knew anything about Sheffield and football fans in general, it was always going to have a low take up.

9 hours ago, bobness said:

It's being published by D-Books, so any day now.

Are you quite sure it's not DC Comics?

Oh wait a minute , they actually exist! lol

• Like 1

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/january/club-1867-faqs/

To quote

"What happens if the required number of Club 1867 sales is not achieved?

The scheme will be cancelled and all supporters registered will receive refunds."

Has there been refunds?  I guess not, therefore the required amount of sales have been achieved.   If so, it's in black and white what the club have signed up to and are legally obliged to do.

No excuses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the book would take is effort. Its easy to self publish. Designs can be off the shelf. The only possible problem is photo copyright cost.

The small numbers could be made a virtue by getting signatures from people. Make it an exclusive custom made procuct that would have some value.

I am pleased these fans who didn’t have the money during covid got their refunds! I am pleased these fans now have enough income to be able to afford a season ticket again.

However they took the club they love to court - doesn’t sit well with me.

They were warned and it’s well within the T&C’s that the club can refuse you to buy a season ticket

Anyway these chaps can easily attend matches if they wish - they will not be stopped. They just have to pay on day, or get other to get them tickets - not hard.

Let’s focus on these guys anyway 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/special-guest-for-children-s-hospital/

22 minutes ago, dowls said:

I am pleased these fans who didn’t have the money during covid got their refunds! I am pleased these fans now have enough income to be able to afford a season ticket again.

They were warned and it’s well within the T&C’s that the club can refuse you to buy a season ticket

Anyway these chaps can easily attend matches if they wish - they will not be stopped. They just have to pay on day, or get other to get them tickets - not hard.

They shouldn't have to take a business to court for them failing to receive the goods or services that the business took the money for but didn't provide.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dowls said:

They did it as a last resort 

The club cut off communication with them and there was no sign of a refund 

Going to court is just a process for the court to see if there’s anyone at fault and if so to get them to stop being at fault

Its a process that is specifically there for this reason and this job

Instead of it not sitting right that the fans had to do it maybe aim your disapproval at the club for putting itself in the position where it can be taken to court for treating it’s own fans like that 

Backing the club treating our fans like this doesn’t make you a bigger or better or more loyal supporter. 

Nor does sitting and allowing the club to not refund you the money it offered you (remember the club offered these refunds)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, dowls said:

So basically the club (or rather, the chairman) acted vindictively against its own fans. Goodo. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Luke said:

But Chansiri is learning 

*rolls eyes*

It's absolute spiteful to blacklist fans for trying to uphold their consumer rights they are legally entitled to. The laws of England did not come to an end when Covid came.

• Like 2