Club 1867

6 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

The old boy has basically been scammed. No other way to look at it. 

What was the point of club 1867 .. what did you actually get for it? I bet there is no record of who signed up, and if we got promoted to the Prem I bet you'd have hell on trying to get what you'd paid for. 

A bad idea to try and get more money out of his customers to try and get him out of the stupid situation he put the club in..

• Thanks 1

I feel like we should have a whip round for the old fella. It's really hard hearing about stuff like that. Especially in the current climate.

I would describe it as something, but even as a mod, THAT comment would get removed.

• Like 2

Genuinely cannot stand football heaven so am afraid I didn’t listen to this, but still sad to hear 

It’s time the chairman explained his stance on banning these fans who requested refunds i think, I know he sees a lot that goes on this forum so I hope he sees this and realises a response is required 

21 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

There is one term I'd like to use, but can't for legal reasons.

Cos I'd get sued.

Ah, fair enough. I can see why someone might get in trouble for using a word which might suggest a product was sold in bad faith.

In defence of the club, I imagine the intent was there, just they hadn't anticipated so few would take them up on the brilliant offer of getting a plaque (for one season) and a book for such a bargain sum!

The poor response meant it fell by the wayside. But that wasn't the intent. I'm in no way defending the club's handling of what happened next, just stating that when making the offer, the intent to fulfill it was there. Technically and legally it makes a difference.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I listened.

It is such a bad state of affairs that the club treats people like this. And as said on there there is no communication unless the club want something. 

Still customers not fans I’m afraid. 

Just wondering if you are aware how many Caps, Shirts, Medals have gone missing since 1867. It's a disease; In the last 155 years both the Cromwell cup and the Tom Marsden trophy have gone missing. We can't just blame this on recent stewardship. You must look back in time ! 

• Love 2

4 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I was wondering if anyone else listened to tonight’s Football Heaven?

The first caller who called in was the guy who along with his son say they’ve been banned for the son taking legal action over his season ticket refund.

In response to this, near the end of the show an elderly chap phoned in because he’d joined Club 1867 when it was really being bigged up by the club and the much publicised photo book fans were due, he explained that he has been waiting now for 3 years for his book and still hasn’t got it.

Says he phones the club once a year and a nice enough bloke tells him they’re working on getting it sorted and then it’s nothing else from the club for another year.

It was quite sad to hear actually, an old bloke who says he’s pretty much resigned to not getting his book (which if I remember right wasn’t cheap) but says he still loves the club but just wanted to “get it off his chest”.

Just out of interest I wondered if anyone else had received their book? Perhaps they could share on here and we could bring the thread to Rob Statons attention? It’d be nice if someone on here could help this guy get his book.

Hi . I did listen and although I've no time for the guy suing swfc. 

Regarding the books. I don't think they are still even in any form of doing them. 

I'd say best way is to contact Trevor Braithwait first. He can do by email easy. And to also copy  Liam Dooley into email. 

They will sort some recompense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, reggae said:

Hi . I did listen and although I've no time for the guy suing swfc. 

Regarding the books. I don't think they are still even in any form of doing them. 

I'd say best way is to contact Trevor Braithwait first. He can do by email easy. And to also copy  Liam Dooley into email. 

They will sort some recompense 

Problem with that is that the precedent has now been set by the chairman to not allow anyone asking for a refund or recompense to have season tickets etc etc 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Problem with that is that the precedent has now been set by the chairman to not allow anyone asking for a refund or recompense to have season tickets etc etc 

I disagree. 

The way the refunds were sorted was absolutely horrific. And pr disaster. 

1867 and the book can be handled easily.