Any surprises so far this season?

Fiz is the obvious one. Though I don’t think you could class it as a surprise - more a confirmation of the potential we knew he had.

Maybe the team overall? Our 3 best and most influential players last season were Gregory, Bannan and Johnson. None of these have played well yet we’ve taken 4 from 6. They are super players and will shine shortly, but in the meantime the team has carried us through very pleasingly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Fiz is the obvious one. Though I don’t think you could class it as a surprise - more a confirmation of the potential we knew he had.

Maybe the team overall? Our 3 best and most influential players last season were Gregory, Bannan and Johnson. None of these have played well yet we’ve taken 4 from 6. They are super players and will shine shortly, but in the meantime the team has carried us through very pleasingly.

I’d agree with that . Particularly bazza who’s had a slow start by his high standards 

10 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Been impressed with our starts in both games but the high press and intensity and lasts for 10 minutes - then we drop off. 
It’s encouraging then frustrating 

On the positive side, we've not conceded within first 10 minutes, so that's a new positive.

Heneghan will be a beast for us. Have two mobile players either side of him (Famewo, Palmer, Icky) and Heneghan will be a tower of strength. We don't want him getting dragged out into the corners but he looks very impressive in the air so far, you wouldn't want to be a striker up against him at all. Him vs Stockley will be good value next weekend

51 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I’d agree with that . Particularly bazza who’s had a slow start by his high standards 

Agree. Noticed he had the ball 40 yards out a few times on Saturday and didn't even shoot, nevermind score!

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Heneghan will be a beast for us. Have two mobile players either side of him (Famewo, Palmer, Icky) and Heneghan will be a tower of strength. We don't want him getting dragged out into the corners but he looks very impressive in the air so far, you wouldn't want to be a striker up against him at all. Him vs Stockley will be good value next weekend

That’s true with henegan. We defo need to keep him central . He’s not as slow as Dunkley but clearly not going to outpace many lol . 

10 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

im surprised you used Icky 🤦🏼‍♂️ Not only surprised but disappointed also 

20 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Fizz needed game time last year - it breeds confidence, now he's playing you can see the confidence flowing. 

Perhaps his performances and application in training warrant game a lot of game time last season I have more faith in our coaching staff than an random poster on here who never watches players in training 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Perhaps his performances and application in training warrant game a lot of game time last season I have more faith in our coaching staff than an random poster on here who never watches players in training 

Jesus, someone not get a sh4g this morning or something? It's 9am calm down. 

• Haha 1