The pyro is OVER at SWFC

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is really horrible mate 

It's horrible mate, especially when people don't think they are racial profiling

I've given loads of examples to people over the years, but a lot don't think it is racial profiling, they don't see what I see

In certain shops my wife gets followed everywhere by the security guard, when people disagree with me about it being racial profiling, I ask what is it then, she's 5'1", but people can't tell me what that is, but in their opinion it's not profiling

When going through airport security my wife would get pulled to one side and searched every time, again people will not agree it's profiling

It's the small things that a lot of people don't notice

My son is a gentle giant, he's very calm natured, he and my wife have become blase about it, they would rather not complain 

Me and my daughter are a bit firey

My daughter is 5'2" she is highly intelligent, and she takes no nonsense from anyone, if someone is racially profiling her, she calls it out

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Totally agree with this pyro ban. I know some people think it adds to the atmosphere, but I have a heart condition and if I was unlucky enough to be near somebody who decided to set one of these things off, it could cause me serious problems. 

To be honest, it’s been on my mind about tomorrow with such a large turn out. 

Surely we haven’t reached the point where people just shouldn’t go if they have certain health conditions. 

Well done SWFC for having a clear policy on this. Last season saw a worrying trend in terms of supporter behaviour, not just Wednesday and it never ends well. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's horrible mate, especially when people don't think they are racial profiling

I've given loads of examples to people over the years, but a lot don't think it is racial profiling, they don't see what I see

In certain shops my wife gets followed everywhere by the security guard, when people disagree with me about it being racial profiling, I ask what is it then, she's 5'1", but people can't tell me what that is, but in their opinion it's not profiling

When going through airport security my wife would get pulled to one side and searched every time, again people will not agree it's profiling

My son is a gentle giant, he's very calm natured, he and my wife have become blase about it, they would rather not complain 

My daughter is 5'2" she is highly intelligent, and she takes no nonsense from anyone, if someone is racially profiling her, she calls it out

Racial profiling is a disgrace. Everyone knows it happens and it really is shît. 

In 32 years as an adult I’ve been a driver or passenger for hundreds and hundreds of hours in cities all over the country in every sort of car, many of them BMWs, Mercs etc. 

I’ve been randomly stopped exactly once. When I was being driven to a business meeting by my black colleague in his BMW M3. 

My son has been travelling across Europe with two mates. One is mixed race. Guess who got searched at airports 10 times more than the others?

It’s a disgrace. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

This stuff makes my blood boil if I’m honest 

I just despise this kind of thing more than most things 

I’m really so sorry to hear you have to go through this mate 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

The daftest thing is, for offences at football, the profiling should be white males between 14-40.

Not that it should happen in the situations you outline above, or ever. Must be incredibly frustrating / upsetting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This stuff makes my blood boil if I’m honest 

I just despise this kind of thing more than most things 

I’m really so sorry to hear you have to go through this mate 

It's exhausting mate

The most infuriating part is when people don't believe

If I wasn't married to a black woman, I'd probably be the same, being with this woman has opened my eyes

There is a shop in Hillsborough, I won't mention the name, but we had a manager who shared his name with the store, when she used to go shopping there, if she went upstairs there would be an announcement on the tannoy, code something or other, it was a number, and immediately after my wife arrived on the second floor, a security guard would come out of a staff only door and follow her around. 

Home bargains on the parkway is another, the security guard waits by the door, as soon as my wife walks in he follows her. I've been in with her loads of times, I usually hang back and wait while he starts to follow her. My wife won't let me say anything to him, so I just stare at him while she's looking at items, once or twice I've asked him if I can help him, which has caused an argument between me and the wife, it hurts me more than it hurts her, it's souls destroying

I do love being out on my own with my daughter though, when she's profiled she gives them both barrels, seeing how she deals with them is a joy to watch

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

The daftest thing is, for offences at football, the profiling should be white males between 14-40.

Not that it should happen in the situations you outline above, or ever. Must be incredibly frustrating / upsetting 

It's not rocket science is it?

• Like 1

GIZ SEAT CUSSIONS BACK ON NORTH STAND. 

I've still got two of those blue cussions from bavk in the day. Throwing them on the pitch was our way of showing our disgust at yet another shiete display. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

GIZ SEAT CUSSIONS BACK ON NORTH STAND. 

I've still got two of those blue cussions from bavk in the day. Throwing them on the pitch was our way of showing our disgust at yet another shiete display. 

At least that's a`bit more classy compared to this. 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479bb9dd9f7c89398ee2

• Haha 2

On 05/08/2022 at 14:22, @owlstalk said:

on official SWFC site now:

“Anyone who enters the pitch and those identified carrying or using pyrotechnics or smoke bombs will now receive an automatic club ban.

These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in these activities.” 

GOOD.

On 05/08/2022 at 18:13, TommyCraig said:

I take the grandson nowadays. We have the memberships so we can pick and choose our stand and seats. 

Ironically, I always seem to get searched entering the South but never the North. Common sense don't live here anymore. 

Agree on the pyro and would welcome bans for any idiots who put others at risk. 

I'd like to see a targeted operation by the club and SYP towards drug use in the ground, particularly cocaine. A couple of match days with sniffer dogs and plain clothed bobbies randomly may make fans who partake in this think again. It's become normalised and that's worrying. 

I agree with the difference between the South and North. When my girls came with me and we sat in the family section I'd regularly get searched and so was my older daughter who was 10-11 at the time.

Since moving back to the North 4 years ago I've not been searched once.

Seems weird given that the South tends to be the family and old people stand.

2 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I agree with the difference between the South and North. When my girls came with me and we sat in the family section I'd regularly get searched and so was my older daughter who was 10-11 at the time.

Since moving back to the North 4 years ago I've not been searched once.

Seems weird given that the South tends to be the family and old people stand.

Your 10 year old daughter got searched?

what the hell were they looking for?

5 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Your 10 year old daughter got searched?

what the hell were they looking for?

I'm under the impression that the sort that want to smuggle something in will often give it to children to try and get it in.

It was worse at away games, both girls would get searched nearly every time. It started with the oldest when she was about 6 at away games.

1 minute ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

I'm under the impression that the sort that want to smuggle something in will often give it to children to try and get it in.

It was worse at away games, both girls would get searched nearly every time. It started with the oldest when she was about 6 at away games.

Never had that and I’d kick off I I did

Must send a right message to your kids that your using them as your mule to get stuff into games

Not you LLP I’m generalising 

Just now, horny owl said:

Never had that and I’d kick off I I did

Must send a right message to your kids that your using them as your mule to get stuff into games

Not you LLP I’m generalising 

Worst one ever was away at Man City. Think it was the League Cup game, rather than the FA Cup as it was already dark.

They had three different layers of checks, starting well away from the turnstile and she got searched at all 3.

I should point out, it wasn't always a full body search, that was only if there was a female steward on the gate. Rest of the time it was just a bag search.

Having said that, some bloke did try to do a body search on her at Birmingham. I kicked off about that one and wouldn't let them do that. It's not that I'm profiling the male steward, as a former teacher I hate the idea that men can't be trusted. But as the frequency with which they searched my kids annoyed me, I wasn't about to let them do an illegal one.