The pyro is OVER at SWFC

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've mentioned many times in the past how my son gets searched every game, this has been going on for years.

I've always known he was being racially profiled, I walk in with him every game, but before this season I never got searched

I've had arguments with stewards in the past about him being singled out

One person on here said he was being singled out because he's a big unit, so they just search the 6 footer's then

We don't go in together now because my showing off upsets him, he hangs back and lets me go in first

The point I'm trying to make is, it's not difficult identifying the type of people who will try to smuggle items in

Our stewards used to always single out my son, a young man who is entering the stadium with his dad, what dad would let his son take a pyro in the ground

On some occasions we've walked in behind a few of the River Island mob, not one has been searched, but when they get to my son, they search him

I wrote to the club about this around 4 years ago, they insisted he wasn't being racially profiled, their excuse was the stewards always search 1 in 10, yeah right

This type of thing has always wound me up, I considered stopping buying a season ticket, but my son didn't want that

I feel a little happier now that when we go in, the stewards search everyone, at least he's not being singled out

As for the people carrying pyro's, I hope you get caught and I hope you get banned

I take the grandson nowadays. We have the memberships so we can pick and choose our stand and seats. 

Ironically, I always seem to get searched entering the South but never the North. Common sense don't live here anymore. 

Agree on the pyro and would welcome bans for any idiots who put others at risk. 

I'd like to see a targeted operation by the club and SYP towards drug use in the ground, particularly cocaine. A couple of match days with sniffer dogs and plain clothed bobbies randomly may make fans who partake in this think again. It's become normalised and that's worrying. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've mentioned many times in the past how my son gets searched every game, this has been going on for years.

I've always known he was being racially profiled, I walk in with him every game, but before this season I never got searched

I've had arguments with stewards in the past about him being singled out

One person on here said he was being singled out because he's a big unit, so they just search the 6 footer's then

We don't go in together now because my showing off upsets him, he hangs back and lets me go in first

The point I'm trying to make is, it's not difficult identifying the type of people who will try to smuggle items in

Our stewards used to always single out my son, a young man who is entering the stadium with his dad, what dad would let his son take a pyro in the ground

On some occasions we've walked in behind a few of the River Island mob, not one has been searched, but when they get to my son, they search him

I wrote to the club about this around 4 years ago, they insisted he wasn't being racially profiled, their excuse was the stewards always search 1 in 10, yeah right

This type of thing has always wound me up, I considered stopping buying a season ticket, but my son didn't want that

I feel a little happier now that when we go in, the stewards search everyone, at least he's not being singled out

As for the people carrying pyro's, I hope you get caught and I hope you get banned

This is really horrible mate 

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Seen some of the displays in stadiums across the world. Yes, granted safety can’t be guaranteed but it arguably adds to the atmosphere but Hillsborough has never been an atmospheric stadium. Sod all flags, sod all owt.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

on official SWFC site now:

“Anyone who enters the pitch and those identified carrying or using pyrotechnics or smoke bombs will now receive an automatic club ban.

These bans could also be extended to accompanying parents or guardians of children who take part in these activities.” 

Rightly so.

• Like 1