Tomorrow will be an unusual game...

4 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Don't disagree but mk have had a huge turnover of players so they might not be so fluid this early in a season

Yep, true - the players might not be as good, but I think they will still try and play the same way.

Twine will be a huge miss, a lot of their threat was they didn't need to get in behind teams with him pinging them in from 30 yards.

Also Darling and Parrott gone, and also Coventry (CM) and Hayden (RWB) who were quite impressive I seem to remember, but were also loan players so have gone back to their clubs. They may have found some good replacements for some of these though. Maybe our resident MK Dons experts on here can give us a heads-up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

Yep, true - the players might not be as good, but I think they will still try and play the same way.

Twine will be a huge miss, a lot of their threat was they didn't need to get in behind teams with him pinging them in from 30 yards.

Also Darling and Parrott gone, and also Coventry (CM) and Hayden (RWB) who were quite impressive I seem to remember, but were also loan players so have gone back to their clubs. They may have found some good replacements for some of these though. Maybe our resident MK Dons experts on here can give us a heads-up.

he already has he expects us to win 4-0 . they have injuries and a massive amount of class players have left so clearly best time to play them . but been realistic where are the goals coming from 2moro? maybe from a set piece but cant see much from open play with our available strikers . the defence will need to massively improve 

• Like 2

Twine has gone and that will be a huge loss for them, but we’ll still have to turn up and play to our full potential to take the three points. I still think it will be a difficult game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

As said above and in my thread from early on in the week, it’s going to take a long time to get us going this season. A lot of injuries to key players, another one Josh Mcecheran a main stay in CM got injured last week which is long term 😞 very young players learning the style, and we’ve lost our most influential players in Twine and Darling. As I said the perfect time to play us, we still need to gel and get players back, until then I don’t think we’ll be much of a threat. 

MK Dons 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

As said above and in my thread from early on in the week, it’s going to take a long time to get us going this season. A lot of injuries to key players, another one Josh Mcecheran a main stay in CM got injured last week which is long term 😞 very young players learning the style, and we’ve lost our most influential players in Twine and Darling. As I said the perfect time to play us, we still need to gel and get players back, until then I don’t think we’ll be much of a threat. 

MK Dons 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday

Not sure where our 4 goals are coming from if all our strikers are out! Hope Jack Hunt has brought his shooting boots.

True it will take some time to gel, but don't underestimate that you'll be at home playing on your usual pitch, so what you've been working on in training should be easier to implement - a lot of teams struggle to get going away at Cambridge (us included last year), so last weeks game might have been a bit of a false start.

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Not sure where our 4 goals are coming from if all our strikers are out! Hope Jack Hunt has brought his shooting boots.

True it will take some time to gel, but don't underestimate that you'll be at home playing on your usual pitch, so what you've been working on in training should be easier to implement - a lot of teams struggle to get going away at Cambridge (us included last year), so last weeks game might have been a bit of a false start.

Very fair point, couldn’t believe how small their pitch was, some good shithousery from Cambridge

Wednesday may well score 4,  in spite of having no formal Strikers on board,  Wednesday goals last season came from most any Player.  A few goals, from  a lot of Players...

Wednesday scored a lot of goals last season, mostly in the second half of the season.  It's not the ability to score that scares me, it's the ability to defend in our box that scares me.  Saw it last Saturday, 3 goals in,  3 goals conceded.  

Didn’t they play a back three last time. They had a back four last week with Lewington at LB again. It seems a complete guess how they will play, on paper they look a shadow of a team without Twine, Parrott, Kasumu, Corbeanu, Boateng but it depends on how good some of the unknowns are