Smith and Windass out

Highly unlikely this is true.

Wednesday re-did the turf at the training ground over the summer, a full investigation was carried out to the causes of our injury jinx and all matters resolved, and there's only been one game played.

Wednesday will be without many injuries this year, and those we get will be from opposition foul play and after 30-40 games type niggles.

Put your trust in Wednesday this time.

• Haha 5

That’s only about 9 league games Smith will miss then. Assuming it’s only 6 weeks and not more. Just 20% of the season. Nothing to worry about.…

BTW. He played 52 games for Rotherham last season. A few weeks training in Sheffield and he’s fûcked. 

Cant even be bothered to quantify the loss of Windass. I never really believed he would not get injured anyway. 

• Like 1

What an absolute joke of a situation. 1 week in ti the season and no strikers and our new striker out for 6 weeks. Unbelievable. Let’s be honest though we should have signed at least one more striker by now anyway 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

That’s only about 9 league games Smith will miss then. Assuming it’s only 6 weeks and not more. Just 20% of the season. Nothing to worry about.…

BTW. He played 52 games for Rotherham last season. A few weeks training in Sheffield and he’s fûcked. 

Cant even be bothered to quantify the loss of Windass. I never really believed he would not get injured anyway. 

Windass is part of crock club .you dont play a handful of games one season then capable of playing up to 50 the next 

Should have offloaded to that Argentine club when we had the chance 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thebizzle said:

That’s not my “source” - I am just saying let’s see what DM says then

Even if they are injured, will Darren Moore say anything? Why give MK Dons advance warning and time to prepare their tactics....

• Like 1

Just now, Luke said:

Windass is part of crock club .you dont play a handful of games one season then capable of playing up to 50 the next 

Should have offloaded to that Argentine club when we had the chance 

Time will tell but I suspect you are sadly going to be proved right…

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

What the hell do we do to these players to knacker them up. Didn’t Smith play almost every game last season? 

Yep, and would no doubt be playing tomorrow if was still at Rotherham, beggars belief 

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Gulps. 

Likely a change in system then? Although I think it would be more a 343/541 rather than change for a back 4. 

The first few games under Moore we played this 3-4-2-1 that worked quite well (e.g. the win at Barnsley, where we had Windass and Paterson supporting Rhodes).

It Smith and Windass are out, we could try something similar with Bannan and FDB in behind Paterson. That would mean we could bring either Vaulks/Bakinson/Adeniran into midfield to support Byers. MK Dons will have a lot of the ball, so an extra tackler might be useful.

• Like 2
  • Love 1