Jump to content

What’s the most embarrassing bit of merchandise the club has tried to flog?


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Legend is a word used carelessly.....

John's a good lad but not a legend ffs .....

Hemmo did a lot to raise the profile of our club. They were widely acknowledged as the best football band around the world. 
 

It was a great gesture when Milan gave Hemmo a free box for a few seasons. DC should really do the same. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Hemmo did a lot to raise the profile of our club. They were widely acknowledged as the best football band around the world. 

Would it really cost that much for a statue outside the Kop? 

 

Sheffield Wednesday have led the way in many ways due to our long and distinguished history, and we will always be synonymous with music to the current generation of fans globally, thanks exclusively to the Band.  

 

Fag packet maths but I suspect the band have put more bums on seats than any signing we've made in the past 20 years.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, REDOWL said:

The Owl Shop in 1983

 

IMG_20220804_191803.jpg

I vaguely remember that. Dusty bins are a real early 80s throwback.

 

I’d be interested to see what the ladies briefs looked like. Purely for nostalgia purposes of course 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I vaguely remember that. Dusty bins are a real early 80s throwback.

 

I’d be interested to see what the ladies briefs looked like. Purely for nostalgia purposes of course 

Dug this out from 1981 ,feeling ancient now realising it's over forty years ago..

 

 

IMG_20220805_100731.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a few years the club brought out match DVD's, poor quality but ideal for weirdos like me.

 

Though they brought just about every match out, even the losses.

 

Someone out there has got multiple copies of Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 2 Bradford City.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

Dug this out from 1981 ,feeling ancient now realising it's over forty years ago..

 

 

IMG_20220805_100731.jpg

I thought “car swingers” were something you found in dodgy lay-bys late at night 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, REDOWL said:

Dug this out from 1981 ,feeling ancient now realising it's over forty years ago..

 

 

IMG_20220805_100731.jpg

I'm not sure that Sweaters Ass was ever a good look

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, paulrs said:

I thought “car swingers” were something you found in dodgy lay-bys late at night 

 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'm not sure that Sweaters Ass was ever a good look

😃😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somebody on Instagram called 'Wednesday Warehouse' he/she has some absolutely incredible items! It's a great page.

 

One item in particular that is both tragic and fantastic, is a tanned colour Wim Jonk cap, with embroidered signature!

 

If he/she posts on here, then apologies for posting one of your pics, as couldnt find one anywhere else...but it's a beauty.

Screenshot_20220805-132309_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dcc2941208aa1acb59a047f4c67f6691.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...