Gary Cahill

Just now, Abe Simons said:

Think he would be ideal for 12 months. Played about 22 times last season at top of Championship and only lost his place after a short injury forced Bournemouth to sign Nat Phillips from Liverpool

He’s also about 40 lol #uto 

He’s still younger than Richard Wood, who made 45 appearances for Rotherham last season. If your fit enough your young enough. 

But I’d doubt he’d come here. I still think he can play at Championship level if he feels like it. 

• Like 6

Local lad 

supports the club 

achieved a lot or most things in his career 

career coming to an end 

said last year 

it’s not beyond him to want to end his career with a promotion playing for his boyhood club 

and it’s not beyond him to select that rather than moving to another place to play a bit part for a team above 

I’m sure we would be more appealing to anything he could get for his personal reason and I’m sure we can get him affordable

question is would he add value? Would he contribute to our promotion

• Like 7

3 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

He’s still younger than Richard Wood, who made 45 appearances for Rotherham last season. If your fit enough your young enough. 

But I’d doubt he’d come here. I still think he can play at Championship level if he feels like it. 

And Dean Lewington who played 46 times for MK Dons. 

Like others have said, if youre healthy enough then its doable. Especially for someone whos played at the level he has. 

5 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

And Dean Lewington who played 46 times for MK Dons. 

Like others have said, if youre healthy enough then its doable. Especially for someone whos played at the level he has. 

Totally agree. CB is one of those positions where players can still perform into their 30s if they’ve been lucky with injuries and have looked after themselves. Some people just have that fitness that last later into life than others. Vardy is still terrorising defenders at 35 and is notorious for not doing anything at all to look after himself. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Totally agree. CB is one of those positions where players can still perform into their 30s if they’ve been lucky with injuries and have looked after themselves. Some people just have that fitness that last later into life than others. Vardy is still terrorising defenders at 35 and is notorious for not doing anything at all to look after himself. 

That might have been true for Vardy when he was in our academy and at Stocksbridge but pretty sure to achieve what he has done he’s been a model pro for the last decade really 

4 hours ago, DazUK said:

He's absolutely loaded.

I reckon if Wednesday went for him he'd play for nowt 

Get it done Chansiri

This is one of the most naive things football fans say.

He's a professional footballer, not a professional Sheffield Wednesday fan or player.

Even if he was willing he'd blow our wage structure apart..

5 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

This is one of the most naive things football fans say.

He's a professional footballer, not a professional Sheffield Wednesday fan or player.

Even if he was willing he'd blow our wage structure apart..

Possibly, but it's not always the case. Ask Chris Marsden.

10 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

. Vardy is still terrorising defenders at 35 and is notorious for not doing anything at all to look after himself. 

Didn't he spend a lot of time and money defending his wife?