Atdhe Nuhiu

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wasn't a huge fan of him as a player, want mobile enough for me but we have had a lot worse players.

Was good to have a player who had a bit of rapport with the crowd.

But think this saying legend are going a bit over the top.

Would class a legend as someone who when the 200th year Anniversary comes up and we do another painting they wouldn't look out of place on. Sorry but I really cant see Nuhiu being that much remembered by then.

Marmite player. 

The ‘he fell over’ song could have been invented for him. 

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans “all Wednesday fans want to see is our players giving 100% and we will back them to the hilt”

Also Wednesday fans “boooooo Adthe Nuhiu”

Let's be honest, most football fans are arseholes.

• Like 4

Had all the traits of a loyal and hard working team player that ordinarily fans would like but got pelters probably because of his first couple of seasons. But 50 goals for us not many manage that.

Its a bit like when fans insisted Leon Clarke was still overweight and poor  when he had become quite lean and a decent player as we found out after he left 

Paterson is the current one suffering from this 

• Like 3

On 06/08/2022 at 12:16, Bluesteel. said:

Had all the traits of a loyal and hard working team player that ordinarily fans would like but got pelters probably because of his first couple of seasons. But 50 goals for us not many manage that.

Its a bit like when fans insisted Leon Clarke was still overweight and poor  when he had become quite lean and a decent player as we found out after he left 

Suffering…. Dosnt do anything just runs

Unfortunately there are 'fans' who need someone to dislike and vent on. Sad really.

• Like 2

You’re right about the 50 goals. I just think had he had stayed he would’ve got the 5-10 goals that would’ve kept us up the season after he had left. Instead we had F**king horrendous forward recruitment the summer he left and that sent us down as much as the points deduction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geedee said:

All you can ask from any footballer is that they try their best and at the same time their behaviour is a a credit to the club

AN is a smashing bloke and a brilliant role model for the kids

Agreed and also would score more goals than either pato or windas 

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

All you can ask from any footballer is that they try their best and at the same time their behaviour is a a credit to the club

AN is a smashing bloke and a brilliant role model for the kids

So you cant ask that they have talent and ability?

Each to their own I suppose

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian said:

So you cant ask that they have talent and ability?

Each to their own I suppose

Their ability as a footballer is of course reletive to the standard they are playing at.

Nobody is saying he should have been a Real Madrid regular.

Perhaps 2nd division football was at the edge of his ability 

My point was that  a good attitude and personality go a long way in any workplace.