Evening with Chris Waddle

6 minutes ago, markg said:

Agree with Wednesday Jack. Don't go if you want to hear stories about his time at Wednesday. He mentioned us even less than Paolo Di Canio did during his talks.

You find that players who do these talks will adjust the stories based on the audience. If he did a night at Hillsborough then he'd probably talk more about Wednesday than anything else.

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Been to his evenings twice…if you want to hear about his days at Wednesday, you’ll be mega disappointed as he spoke very little about us on both occasions.

it is interesting and his stories of England trips and Gazza are entertaining 

Where were these nights you went to?

Were they at S6?

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

You find that players who do these talks will adjust the stories based on the audience. If he did a night at Hillsborough then he'd probably talk more about Wednesday than anything else.

Yep, I did a 'lunchtime with legends' thing at Hillsborough with him and Mel Sterland well over 20 years ago. It was 100% Wednesday and a good laugh.

Edited by BridportOwl
  • Like 1

Guest hirstysfags
5 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Check his social media accounts he's probably doing a double act with Farage.

Great player though. 

Close the borders!!!! I've had to stop following him on Twitter.

5 hours ago, markg said:

Agree with Wednesday Jack. Don't go if you want to hear stories about his time at Wednesday. He mentioned us even less than Paolo Di Canio did during his talks.

I attended a similar event in Mexborough at the end of last season with Waddle and Sheridan talking and Phil King asking the questions. Whilst they both spoke of their time at Wednesday, both of their careers spanned so much more, so I would have thought that any fair-minded Wednesday fan would expect their inputs to reflect that fact.

The six of us that went didn't come away disappointed, it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

9 hours ago, HopefulOwl said:

If tony kenworthy did  one at the lane   he would  talk more about  us and when terry curran made him cry😁

Edited by panda800