Kasper Schmeichel

Yeah Leicester look like they may be on the decline soon.  Players like Fofana, Madidison and Schmeichel being linked with moves away, and Vardy only has a year left and is getting old (tho being linked with moves to Man Utd or Chelsea today). 

They may find like Southampton do on a different scale that it’s hard to replace these special players, even with the millions in the bank account to do so.

20 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Not a bad place to play out your career.

Also Nice building a decent squad and playing in Europe (I think). 

French Riviera or Leicester tough one.

Spot on. 

If a player decides it's not about the money anymore,  then they aren't staying in this country. 

• Like 1

Don't blame him. Been the most loyal of players to Leicester, carries himself very well i love listening to his interviews he always comes across class, won everything he can possibly win at Leicester and wants to end his career on the south coast of France, great move for him in my opinion. Signed Ramsey too i believe 

Who else have Leicester got as GK? Seems odd to let him leave so late in the Window. 

Can see them spiralling down the league which is a shame. I quite like them and like to see them do well.

Think Rodgers will be next when the next big job is available. 

16 hours ago, scram said:

What, that multi millionaire stars can't have a decent quality of life in this country?

That many of the worlds most coveted and glamorous clubs are here?

Thats not  matter of opinion 

Oh of course he's not living in a flat above a takeaway in Leicester city centre, he'll be living in a decent area obviously.

I also think he's been playing in the most competitive league in Europe, which is why playing for a club like Leicester he's won the league and FA Cup.

But, the point of my post is that on a personal/family level there are better countries and European cities to live in , and if he's prepared to take a wage cut then of course it's a no brainer.

I know Premier league footballers are immune from the issues most of us face in this country, but quite frankly they all come here for the football and money- not for the lifestyle and culture. 

• Like 2

From a Welsh perspective I am hoping this gives Danny Ward a decent run of games in goal with the WC coming up. He has been at Leicester since 2018 and I think has only made one single appearance in goal in the league. Insane that Leicester paid over £12 million to sign him from Liverpool.

14 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

From a Welsh perspective I am hoping this gives Danny Ward a decent run of games in goal with the WC coming up. He has been at Leicester since 2018 and I think has only made one single appearance in goal in the league. Insane that Leicester paid over £12 million to sign him from Liverpool.

Leicester are the only Premier League side not to sign a player this summer,  and they could lose more with Fofana and Tielemans expected to leave ..even Vardy is rumoured to be open to a move and final pay day, given his personal circumstances.

I have them down for a  relegation fight this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Oh of course he's not living in a flat above a takeaway in Leicester city centre, he'll be living in a decent area obviously.

I also think he's been playing in the most competitive league in Europe, which is why playing for a club like Leicester he's won the league and FA Cup.

But, the point of my post is that on a personal/family level there are better countries and European cities to live in , and if he's prepared to take a wage cut then of course it's a no brainer.

I know Premier league footballers are immune from the issues most of us face in this country, but quite frankly they all come here for the football and money- not for the lifestyle and culture. 

Having known and worked with multitudes of PL foreign players i can tell thats simply not the case

To say there are no cities worth living in - or nice areas is just ridiculous

I know some players adore London - the life and culture is as good as anywhere - for those type of bank balances

I have met players (very few tbh) who really don't like being here as they much prefer different countries - often for the weather

I know players who played here who really didn't like Italy for eg but loved it here - thats life

A top guy and top pro. Shame he's not leaving for a top club as he deserves it, but obviously the challenge and lifestyle appeals.

Does seem strange as he wanted to be a one club man he said, so the situation must be pretty dire there now.  Very good article here, didn't realise he was the only player to see the helicopter crash and tried to save him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10498897/Kasper-Schmeichels-life-triumph-tragedy-Leicesters-title-win-Eriksens-collapse.html