Sheffield Wednesday Ladies FC

27 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Yes when the fixtures come out I will go down a few times hopefully there's a way of putting a tenner into club

Fixtures are already out. First home game is 18/09/22 v Handsworth. Kick off 2pm.

It is free to watch. Hopefully someone will have a bucket to collect some cash.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Fixtures are already out. First home game is 18/09/22 v Handsworth. Kick off 2pm.

It is free to watch. Hopefully someone will have a bucket to collect some cash.

I might have missed info but where do they play? 

7 hours ago, Grezus Bezzus said:

Do you really expect that? I think you need to lower your expectations.

If people really do want womens football to grow they should go to the games

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They don’t play at the same time 

Well hopefully all the people wanting investment into the ladies team will start going to the games when the season starts. As it is free!

On 03/08/2022 at 13:51, Rotherham Owl said:

It might help if the reporter, @YesWeCrann, writing about SWLFC knew what Tier of football they were in. They are in the 6th Tier not 7th.

My original comment was about The Star writing about girls football in general, not just SWLFC. It is very poor compared to other local newspapers. 

Apologies, yeah, it is the sixth tier... Just a typo on my part.

So what women's football would you like to see written about? Genuine question.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

Apologies, yeah, it is the sixth tier... Just a typo on my part.

So what women's football would you like to see written about? Genuine question.

Depends on what angle you are coming from, I see the Star as a Sheffield/Rotherham paper.

The highest ranked local ladies teams are: Pigs,  Sheffield FC and Rotherham United Whitehill. There is a story with RUW as I believe that ladies are being enticed away to Hull for pay per game, one of which I think is getting  as good as or better as men get at a similar level.

At SWLFC level there are two other local sides, very happy for you to promote the Wednesday Ladies and hopefully people will know their names in the future. If people are genuine on here the future could be good. Other teams are Handsworth, excellent and well respected club, especially at the mens game, Ladies are in the same division as SWLFC. They also have excellent facilities, I believe that some of the Ladies Euro teams used them as they are that good. Other one is Millmoor (Juniors) Ladies. I do like it when a junior team makes it as an adult team and has to keep the name they grew up as. Moving up the leagues. It is the only one of these ladies teams that has girls teams in the U18s, U16s and U15s in the top division so could be interesting to watch for the future.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 19:26, REDOWL said:

This feature on Sheffield Wednesday Ladies F.C is in the match day programme v Swindon Town in the Rumbelows Cup 3rd Round on Wednesday,31st October 1990.

IMG_20220807_100106 (500x236).jpg

Wow.....of all the photos to post you picked one with my wife on....and today my youngest daughter is playing up front for the Wednesday ladies!!

19 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Wow.....of all the photos to post you picked one with my wife on....and today my youngest daughter is playing up front for the Wednesday ladies!!

Morning mate, you can't beat keeping it in the family,that's great Let's hope your daughter does well today for her team.

WAWAW