Thoughts

11 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It will be two 2nd teams who won't be arsed if they win or lose.

Another reason I'm not looking forward to it. A glorified friendly with painful reminders of what could have been. 

My own choice to go of course and I'm sure many will be sitting it out. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The last 24 hours I've had to spend trying to tidy up the thread due to so many people angry that a fan from another club was coming on believe it or not

So yes - you'd be surprised

Fair enough, I'm not a mod, so probably miss a lot of what's going on. Perhaps I have too much faith in humanity... haha

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 09:25, Mike Hunt said:

The Mackems are more than welcome for me add a balanced slant to the debates . 

I have two Sunderland fans that I play Golf with both great lads 

Before I retired my fellow Project Manager was and still is a Sunderland season ticket holder, we still keep in contact and our discussions are now football related rather than work.

I even invited him and his son in law to a game at S6 as my guests.

It's great to see and hear other teams fans outlooks and perspectives, after all it's a football forum.

Keep posting @Mackem1

• Like 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The last 24 hours I've had to spend trying to tidy up the thread due to so many people angry that a fan from another club was coming on believe it or not

So yes - you'd be surprised

We have some absolute melts in our little village city of Sheffield and anything new or anyone new and the stones come out and it's 'QUICK GET IT!!!!'' attitude

Whether it's cycle lanes or friendly Mackams coming on Owlstalk we really do have some right plebends who embarrass us sometimes

The site stance is simple - anyone from any club can come on so long as they're friendly and don't come on to be a wind up merchant

Great post mate.

Again I am a regular user of one of our main message boards and we also have our fair share of "Cretins"  who dont like other fans coming on to discuss football.  I'll be honest and say I do not get that attitude, surely been a fan of football the chance to discuss football with like minded people is, what its about.

But then again in "Real life" there are clowns so the world of messagboards and social media where-by you can sort of remain anonymous is bound to attract those who like to bully.

I hope I havent upset too many and I do think the majority seem to like my presence so will stick around 🙂 

54 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Before I retired my fellow Project Manager was and still is a Sunderland season ticket holder, we still keep in contact and our discussions are now football related rather than work.

I even invited him and his son in law to a game at S6 as my guests.

It's great to see and hear other teams fans outlooks and perspectives, after all it's a football forum.

Keep posting @Mackem1

Thank you mate, I will do.  Certainly not blowing smoke up any-ones bums......    Ha.  But I do genuinely like Sheff Wed and your passionate fan base; when I first joined in the midst of our play-off games, i got an accusation thrown at me I would just log-in to the Wycombe messagebaord and cosy up with them.....

No I didn't.  As I don't care about Wycombe, my ex- sister-in-laws family are all from Sheffiend and all Wednesdayites.  I remeber coming down when Benito Carbone played for yous one time against us, he was class and I have always had a soft spot since.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2022 at 07:24, @owlstalk said:

You're more than welcome

Ignore the little villagers mate 

Our former chairman once referred to those types as 'cretins' and he was right

In fact he was right about most things and very underrated

But yeah - welcome and just disregard any 'don't want your type round here' plebs.

lol

Ps what's your views on Trevor Francis?

Wow just wow 

• Like 1