Thoughts

Many years ago I remember SWFC fans stopping off at a motorway services where loads of Sunderland fans were doing the same. The banter was great but my mate couldn't understand a word they said. I had to translate 'Canny lads Sheff Wed, beat the Mags' as We quite like SWFC especially since they beat Newcastle' (It might have been in the Wilko era when Cunningham starred in a home win - 4-2?)

• Like 1

Some right muppets everywhere. 

I quote like it when another fan comes on politely cones across and adds to the forum 

For those that don’t want to get involved they can simply ignore the posts. Is their an option to block them so they don’t see them? 

either way criticising them or the negative chat that some have raised only make the wives look like idiots 

I feel embarrassed for them 

anyway 

3-3 for us gave us plenty of food for thought I’m and I’m hoping for a reaction from both Moore and the team against MK dons but a draw against Pompy on paper isn’t a disaster but it feels like two points dropped rather than one gained 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

From a Wednesday perspective I think this season everything is going to be heightened as we really need to get out of this league as there is a fear of us getting stuck. The result against Portsmouth was okay as a starter but the manner of our defending was a worry. Managers from other teams will have seen and taken note and we'll be tested in the coming weeks that's for sure. 

I'd imagine Sunderland fans will be happy with a season of consolidation and whereas Coventry aren't the most glamorous I bet you won't be missing playing teams from towns where the whole population could fit in your stadium. I think Sunderland will be fine and maybe Alex Neil can get you in sight of the play-offs. 

I'm not hugely looking forward to the Carabao Cup game against you on the 10th. In terms of raw emotion and what could have been it's the worst possible draw for us. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That is definitely the view of this site too Daz

Much appreciated pal, I originally decided to register when it was the Play-Offs, as I said at the time I have a lot of respect for your fanbase.  I do also visit our main message-board from where there are other teams posters, most do add great content but there are Sunderland fans who take a dis-like to them been there, such is life mate

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TheGreatNebber said:

I'm not hugely looking forward to the Carabao Cup game against you on the 10th. In terms of raw emotion and what could have been it's the worst possible draw for us. 

It will be two 2nd teams who won't be arsed if they win or lose.

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

Some right muppets everywhere. 

I quote like it when another fan comes on politely cones across and adds to the forum 

For those that don’t want to get involved they can simply ignore the posts. Is their an option to block them so they don’t see them? 

either way criticising them or the negative chat that some have raised only make the wives look like idiots 

I feel embarrassed for them 

anyway 

3-3 for us gave us plenty of food for thought I’m and I’m hoping for a reaction from both Moore and the team against MK dons but a draw against Pompy on paper isn’t a disaster but it feels like two points dropped rather than one gained 

There are muppets everywhere in life mate, in "Real Life", on social media and the world of football message boards, I am a grown man and through my work do deal with those with mental health problems so I am very used to the more difficult members of society and how to deal with them.

A block or just completely ignore stance is usually a good option for those who aren't keen on me been here.

Anyway, as you rightly say mate.

I just sometimes do think any team needs to win their home games and go from there  as in us last season we needed to win our home games, I do agree with you though, and it will feel like 2 points dropped.  But I would expect Pompey to be up there maybe??

Who have you got next?  Did Pompey bring many?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGreatNebber said:

From a Wednesday perspective I think this season everything is going to be heightened as we really need to get out of this league as there is a fear of us getting stuck. The result against Portsmouth was okay as a starter but the manner of our defending was a worry. Managers from other teams will have seen and taken note and we'll be tested in the coming weeks that's for sure. 

I'd imagine Sunderland fans will be happy with a season of consolidation and whereas Coventry aren't the most glamorous I bet you won't be missing playing teams from towns where the whole population could fit in your stadium. I think Sunderland will be fine and maybe Alex Neil can get you in sight of the play-offs. 

Great post mate.  Thank you.

First in your reply to Wednesday - I would agree there is a real "fear" of getting stuck in that sodding league, I know that was crossing my mind with us.  Its a bloody tough league mate. 

Yes I would have snapped your hands off for our draw but when you go 1-0 and drift into the 2nd you just start to think.....  And then bang, goal. 

Consolidation would be brilliant pal Not expecting anything else.  Yeah I was down Accrington for our friendly last Sat and got talking to some Accrington fans and I did wish them all the best but said i hoped I never had to visit their ground as quaint as it it....    Ha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Think it was just under 2500.  If im wrong someone else can correct me.  Train workers were on strike so fair play to them.

Yeah fair play to Pomey as they do usually travel well.  I'm at Bristol City on Saturday which will trigger a 6am start.  Stopping over though in what is a great city in Bristol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You're more than welcome

Ignore the little villagers mate 

Our former chairman once referred to those types as 'cretins' and he was right

In fact he was right about most things and very underrated

But yeah - welcome and just disregard any 'don't want your type round here' plebs.

lol

Ps what's your views on Trevor Francis?

I would be lying if a little bit of me wasn't a bit disappointed in the "Cretins".... But then as a big boy now, its like water off a ducks back pal.  We all have them and we have them in abundance on our messageboard.

I dunno whether I am been woooooshed by the Trevor Francis question.......     🙂 However my get out of jail card is....   I am too young to have seen him play....     Ha Ha Ha

Edited by Mackem1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 01/08/2022 at 23:19, Mackem1 said:

No offence taken at all pal.

I will throw a few things very politely back at you shall I, its called interacting with fellow football fans, you might not have many friends or not be very social??  I don't know you so should not assume. However we at Sunderland have a very popular message board where a lot of fellow fans from other clubs post and the banter is great.  I do understand that is not for everyone though, I am sure there is a block option on here so if it bothers you that much mate, Block me or don't reply?

It will certainly cause no offence at all as I will interact with the more social fans on here 🙂 

Lovely Post mate. Please keep posting on Owlstalk. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Not entirely sure why posts have been deleted from this thread. None of them were offensive, or rude - just personal opinion.

I take it if somebody doesn’t like your opinion it’s gets deleted.

For the record I have zero problem with people coming on here from other clubs, just find it a bit odd. 

A bit bizarre, really. Both of my posts were deleted. One a joke about our club motto (WAWAW), and the other a joke about the Owlstalk userbase not being sociable, which suggests Mackem's in "the wrong place". 

Ironically I was called a whinger in response, likely because the joke was lost, so I just ignored the jibe. 

Does anyone here even have a problem with friendly fans coming on? I don't think so. Even the question that prompted all this was one of intrigue, or at worst banter, and not an attack.

Surely only an idiot has a problem with other fans coming here for friendly chat or banter (although apparently banter isn't actually allowed).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobness said:

Does anyone here even have a problem with friendly fans coming on? I don't think so.  

The last 24 hours I've had to spend trying to tidy up the thread due to so many people angry that a fan from another club was coming on believe it or not

So yes - you'd be surprised

We have some absolute melts in our little village city of Sheffield and anything new or anyone new and the stones come out and it's 'QUICK GET IT!!!!'' attitude

Whether it's cycle lanes or friendly Mackams coming on Owlstalk we really do have some right plebends who embarrass us sometimes

The site stance is simple - anyone from any club can come on so long as they're friendly and don't come on to be a wind up merchant

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Much appreciated pal, I originally decided to register when it was the Play-Offs, as I said at the time I have a lot of respect for your fanbase.  I do also visit our main message-board from where there are other teams posters, most do add great content but there are Sunderland fans who take a dis-like to them been there, such is life mate

Yeah it's sad

Thing is though mate, on here people can get as angry as they like about other fans coming on - it won't change anything as we welcome anyone on here from any club and we ignore the saddo pleb ends that can't handle that

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bobness said:

Does anyone here even have a problem with friendly fans coming on? I don't think so. Even the question that prompted all this was one of intrigue, or at worst banter, and not an attack.

There is usually someone who will post an 'unfriendly' comment.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

There are muppets everywhere in life mate, in "Real Life", on social media and the world of football message boards, I am a grown man and through my work do deal with those with mental health problems so I am very used to the more difficult members of society and how to deal with them.

A block or just completely ignore stance is usually a good option for those who aren't keen on me been here.

Anyway, as you rightly say mate.

I just sometimes do think any team needs to win their home games and go from there  as in us last season we needed to win our home games, I do agree with you though, and it will feel like 2 points dropped.  But I would expect Pompey to be up there maybe??

Who have you got next?  Did Pompey bring many?

Pompey brought about 2.5 thousand I think. I’d expect them to be up there that said they didn’t look anything special but it was the first game

up next is MK dons a complete different animal to last season and I’m not sure how they will finish up this season but they are they for the taking right now. I’d fully Expect us to beat them and I think by the time they get going/ if they get going the automatics will be too far past them. I’m not even convinced they will finish in the playoffs this year. Too many key players out too many young players in is my gut feeling 

On 02/08/2022 at 06:24, @owlstalk said:

You're more than welcome

Ignore the little villagers mate 

Our former chairman once referred to those types as 'cretins' and he was right

In fact he was right about most things and very underrated

But yeah - welcome and just disregard any 'don't want your type round here' plebs.

lol

Ps what's your views on Trevor Francis?

didn't have you down as a DA fan neil? Or are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell over a reply on here

7 minutes ago, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

I don’t recall anybody being angry? 

You havent' seen the posts that I had to delete mate

All started after you derailed his thread and started asking our guest why he keeps posting on here etc etc 

Let's get back to the subject of the thread please and let's keep a friendly welcome to newcomers, guests and other members

Ta

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop