Thoughts

Evening All.

Well that's the first weekend of the season over-with.  3-3 draw for you lads and 1-1 for us....

What were your thoughts on your draw?  

I really wasn't sure with our result. I am always of the belief you need to win your home games?? Coventry's goal had a touch of class about it and shows the level we are now at.

I am going down to Bristol City on Saturday, a 6am start and just booked tickets for Stoke away, it is a bloody tough season and we need some newer signings in who are a class above, its going to be a long season for us.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Should have won really but absolutely terrible school boy defending cost us 3 goals. Hopefully that poo gets sorted sharpish. On the plus side we were dangerous going forward and scored 3 and came from behind to grab a point I suppose. 

MK next up so see what happens down there. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

Should have won really but absolutely terrible school boy defending cost us 3 goals. Hopefully that poo gets sorted sharpish. On the plus side we were dangerous going forward and scored 3 and came from behind to grab a point I suppose. 

MK next up so see what happens down there. 

Do you go to away games pal / will you go to MK?? I did wonder when I saw the scores coming through that maybe things werent going to plan??  

I am still confident you will be in the mix at the end of the season

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobness said:

Definitely the wrong forum then

lol

Honestly pal, does not bother me one bit, in 2022 there are plenty of block or ignore options.....

I do laugh at similar folk to yourself on our message board whinge on but continue to reply, nowt as strange as folk pal

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem with anyone coming on here and posting, providing it's respectful, or even friendly banter.

The Sunderland fans are alright on here, as is the lad who supports Derby.

Christ, it's a hundred times better than the Rovrum fan who pretended to be all nice, but never took long for his true, bitter twisted hatred of us to come out.

I find that supporters of clubs who aren't historically classed as our rivals, but do share similar size fan bases are in the main, decent enough folk when it comes to posting on Owlstalk. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Daz said:

The Sunderland fans visiting here have been nothing but respectful and add to the debate. Welcome as far as I’m concerned!

I only have ever come here not to cause upset or argument.   I 

1 minute ago, g-owls said:

I don't have a problem with anyone coming on here and posting, providing it's respectful, or even friendly banter.

The Sunderland fans are alright on here, as is the lad who supports Derby.

Christ, it's a hundred times better than the Rovrum fan who pretended to be all nice, but never took long for his true, bitter twisted hatred of us to come out.

I find that supporters of clubs who aren't historically classed as our rivals, but do share similar size fan bases are in the main, decent enough folk when it comes to posting on Owlstalk. 

Honestly pal I have nothing but time or respect for your fan base.  

I know some don't get that, but that's life in general isn't it. You get on with some, don't with others.  My profession is in the mental health field so those who don't buy into me been here I can respectfully let them "Jog on".  I am not here to upset anyone or be anyone's best mate, just a Mackem who genuinely respects your club 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

I only have ever come here not to cause upset or argument.   I 

Honestly pal I have nothing but time or respect for your fan base.  

I know some don't get that, but that's life in general isn't it. You get on with some, don't with others.  My profession is in the mental health field so those who don't buy into me been here I can respectfully let them "Jog on".  I am not here to upset anyone or be anyone's best mate, just a Mackem who genuinely respects your club 

You're more than welcome

Ignore the little villagers mate 

Our former chairman once referred to those types as 'cretins' and he was right

In fact he was right about most things and very underrated

But yeah - welcome and just disregard any 'don't want your type round here' plebs.

lol

Ps what's your views on Trevor Francis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All.

Well that's the first weekend of the season over-with.  3-3 draw for you lads and 1-1 for us....

I really wasn't sure with our result. I am always of the belief you need to win your home games?? Coventry's goal had a touch of class about it and shows the level we are now at.

I am going down to Bristol City on Saturday, a 6am start and just booked tickets for Stoke away, it is a bloody tough season and we need some newer signings in who are a class above, its going to be a long season for us.

To answer your original post I think most Wednesday fans have mixed thoughts. We've made a lot if signings, especially at the back and at this stage it's difficult to see whether they will gel. In our last friendly and opening game we conceded 7 to average sides, in both games we had more possession, more shots and looked more threatening for longer spells. We've taken Wycombe's goalie and Rotherhams centre half, both teams have little away, so you'd hope we'd start to be like that with those 2, but we looked completely disorganized. First match, so time will tell. Personally I think we've enough for top 6, it's down to our manager to make the difference and get us into top 2 and I'm not sure if he will make the difference.

I'll be off to MK which will be a good test as our leading scorer from last season is out, but up front we should still have enough and actually now have a player who could play as a lone striker. 

As for your lot, you look a few players short but you have a wily manager so I suspect a lower half finish as it stands. Surprised you didn't buy 2/3 quality players to be honest, but there's still time and the loan system will kick in shortly for a few clubs I reckon.

As for the debate on you posting, I enjoy other fans commenting on here and actually wish there was more friendly banter. I'm all for taking the ******** out of each other if it's overall respectful and sharing views, should be like that at the game too. You do that at the pub and in work with mates who support other clubs, no reason why it shouldn't also occur on forums and at the ground. 

• Thanks 1

On 02/08/2022 at 07:51, ThisCityIsOurs88 said:

Not entirely sure why posts have been deleted from this thread. None of them were offensive, or rude - just personal opinion.

I take it if somebody doesn’t like your opinion it’s gets deleted.

For the record I have zero problem with people coming on here from other clubs, just find it a bit odd. 

The thread turned pretty hostile to someone coming on and being friendly 

No need

If people want a debate about whether or not other clubs fans are welcome on here start a separate thread on it and that’s fine but I don’t want people feeling unwelcome when they’re perfectly welcome on here that’s all

ANY fan of any club is welcome on here if they’re friendly and here for a discussion.

People who don’t like that can suck it up cos it ain’t changing ever.

Lets not derail the thread and get back to the topic 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Evening All.

Back to the actual subject 👆👆👆

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Mackem1 said:

Do you go to away games pal / will you go to MK?? I did wonder when I saw the scores coming through that maybe things weren't going to plan??  

I am still confident you will be in the mix at the end of the season

Unfortunately due to my job and supporting my other half with her business means I have to pick and choose my games which puts me right down the pecking order for away games too. Try to get to as many as I can and was great to be back at Hillsborough for the first game. 

Will either watch on TV or keep track on here if I can't make a game.