Leaving Hillsborough

On 31/07/2022 at 22:06, lanzaroteowl said:

We've got to stay

It's about the only place in Sheffield that I now know how to drive to without either getting lost or fined for going through a bus gate!

You've drove in Hilsborough without getting a bus gate fine? You need to share this secret. I got 2 fines within 2 minutes when I attempted it.

Stay and rebuild on the same site.

Unless we were to acquire some brown-belt somewhere along the Don Valley, what vacant land is there with surrounding amenities as good as Hillsborough? Dozens of pubs within walking distance, tram and bus routes galore, plenty of shops and food places, and ample parking in local streets if you don't mind walking a little bit.

On 01/08/2022 at 04:45, Geedee said:

Like any other property the first thing is location.

Hillsborough is a great place for a football stadium. Pubs, takeaways, supermarkets, fast food chains.

We also are next to Hillsborough Park and therefore have natural temporary space for any big events.

Hillsborough has everything that you could reasonably want

The answer for Wednesday is renovation not relocation  what has been achieved at Aston Villa or your mates in Newcastle being a road map of what can be done.

100% this

I can't rationally see why anyone would want to move from Hillsborough to near the airport, or any other large empty industrial type site

At best it offers better parking and road links to the motorway.

But you'd lose public transport links, pubs, cafes, Hillsborough Park and close proximity to town, not to mention the history aspect

Edited by nickswfc
  • Like 2