Leaving Hillsborough

Doing Hillsborough up so it moves into the current world be my first option. 

I love the stands from the inside but the concourses and outside of the ground are horrendous. 

I've always been a football romantic and love the feel of the old grounds but it's getting to the point where we will be the only one left and I'm sure it must hurt us as a club financially.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vegan Owl said:

If you don't live round here you won't know... I can assure you our local pub is as much as 90% Wednesday... So much so that we have a coach going to away games and the pigs don't.

The pub is opening at 7am this Saturday for our trip to MKDs

Ok fair enough..I stand corrected..our local pub is opening at 06.59 thogarymegson

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's absolutely not a problem that though 

They can just enter the stadium from the TOP of the hill

Are the Ski lifts still there? Problem solved. Hopefully the won't role back down the hill when they get off.

16 hours ago, Vegan Owl said:

Oh right, but there are loads of open spaces around Sheffield... Just up the road from me, is Norton Aerodrome for example.

15 hours ago, The coach said:

That’s a utd area..wudnt feel right locating up there..if we move it should be to somewhere in our north Sheffield heartland

I don't think there are particular areas that are Wednesday or United dominant these days.

I grew up in Gleadless and have lived in South East Sheffield all my life. I would say these areas are fairly evenly split.

My family are from Abbeydale, Woodseats, Gleadless and are mostly Wednesday. I have Wednesday mates who live in Woodseats, Dronfield, Norton, Totley and United fan mates who live in Hillsborough, Stannington, Chapeltown and even Peni stone.

As for me I would like us to relocate and build a new stadium with modern facilities. I have suggested the old RAF Norton site before on previous threads. Plenty of space, on the ring road, tram route.

Hillsborough needs totally rebuilding, maybe it would be best and cheaper to start from scratch somewhere else.

My favourite out of the new stadiums is stadium MK. Great design, facilities and atmosphere when 27/28K in. They probably generate more income from the hotel and the arena than they do the football team.

0303541EPC.jpg.598796fe687860633df36c7da7096816.jpg

In the extremely unlikely event of us getting to the Premier League in the next several years, it'd be interesting to see the stadium changes that we'd be forced to make in order to tick the boxes for the Premier League. I know the Pigs had to do quite a bit of stuff during that summer when they went up, and their place is in better shape than ours these days. 

I'd always prefer to stay at Hillsborough for as long as possible, I value the history over nicer facilties. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I don't think there are particular areas that are Wednesday or United dominant these days.

I grew up in Gleadless and have lived in South East Sheffield all my life. I would say these areas are fairly evenly split.

My family are from Abbeydale, Woodseats, Gleadless and are mostly Wednesday. I have Wednesday mates who live in Woodseats, Dronfield, Norton, Totley and United fan mates who live in Hillsborough, Stannington, Chapeltown and even Peni stone.

As for me I would like us to relocate and build a new stadium with modern facilities. I have suggested the old RAF Norton site before on previous threads. Plenty of space, on the ring road, tram route.

Hillsborough needs totally rebuilding, maybe it would be best and cheaper to start from scratch somewhere else.

My favourite out of the new stadiums is stadium MK. Great design, facilities and atmosphere when 27/28K in. They probably generate more income from the hotel and the arena than they do the football team.

0303541EPC.jpg.598796fe687860633df36c7da7096816.jpg

Nothing up at lightwood to do, traffic is a nightmare. Also they have never built houses on the site as the ground is supposed to be contaminated from the RAF days and clean up is costly. Traffic and residents is probably the main issue. A small shopping centre at meadowhead causes chaos, let alone if Sheffield FC move to old transport ground at meadowhead.

Unless someone discovers an old covenant that says Blades should have only had a 100 year lease on our ground then we are stuck at Hillsborough.

20 hours ago, Black cats lad said:

I'm a Sunderland fan and I'm doing research on Roker Park. 

If you had an option to move into a state of the art stadium or stay at Hillsborough, what would you choose?

Thanks and hope you get promoted this season 

not for me..all we have at the minute is history, and Hillsborough is our history, despite the tragedy...Its home to me...and I wouldn't want a soulless blue toilet bowl to sit in, that looked like all the red toilet bowls, the yellow toilet bowls and all the other look alike Ikea crap...Hillsborough has character...BTW...Roker park P*sses on the SOL...Just sayin'

I see nowt wrong with it being "Crowded"...., "ohhh ive bumped into someone?"

Its a f.ookin' football match!!!

"It took me 20 minutes to get out???"

Its a f.ookin' football match!!"

Its what happens, you mingle,its part of the whole experience

You chat, you moan about the game, you wend yer way home or to the pub

Hillsborough?

Look at the place..it reeks history, it smells of football...sniff the f.ookin' bricks..you don't smell sodding dettol..You smell blood sweat. tears and history...yea, but lets f.ook off to a laboratory...

Holy mother of God!!!

Edited by asteener1867
  • Love 1

Guest I Love Coffee

Build the new stadium on the Park next to the ground and then give the Council the old ground to build a park on.

There is no real need to move however, the ground could be modernised.

3 minutes ago, I Love Coffee said:

Build the new stadium on the Park next to the ground and then give the Council the old ground to build a park on.

There is no real need to move however, the ground could be modernised.

That's like swapping a Bugatti Veyron for a Kia Pride 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1