ENGLAND Women win the 2022 Euros

Guest Jack the Hat
14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That chipped goal was fantastic - what a goal that was

Really good. It was great vision and execution for the pass, but i've played No. 9 and the timing of the run was cool, but the best part was how she used all the time she had created with the timing of the run to execute the lob just as the defender got there. You can't teach composure and even those which have it can lose it in the really big games. That's the first game i've watched so i don't know about any of the players but I reckon she is a big game player. Fantastic goal in every aspect.

Guest hirstysfags
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Womens football will also want/need boys or men to go and watch them in the future

I guess so yes.

On 31/07/2022 at 20:55, Road Runner said:

Off the pitch:

Excellent atmosphere, no trouble.

On the pitch:

No diving, no feigning injury, no time wasting, proper tackles, attacking football. 

What a difference to the mens game, proper football and a joy to watch it. 

Off the pitch, you're bang on . Great to go to a game without gangs of coked up chavs or wassed up 50 yr old blokes getting angry with everyone. 

Don't agree with the 'on the pitch' comment,  that's becoming a lazy stereotype which just isn't true . 

Ellen White dived for a penalty, players were squaring up to each other, one German lass was booked 4 times in 5 games, one Spanish player was booked for abusive language to the 4th official  etc etc. 

These are competitive athletes who desperately want to win, there is plenty of niggle and gamesmenship.