ENGLAND Women win the 2022 Euros

You allow players to play with freedom, you get what you’ve seen over the last year from the England’s women team.

Southgate could learn a lot from Wiegman. He releases that handbrake England’s mens team will win a tournament too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous day for England football and hopefully one that will have a lasting effect in many different ways. I cheered the goals and suffered the nerves just as much as I did twelve months ago when we fell at the last hurdle. So pleased to see the game played with such freedom, commitment and joy both on and off the field. How can you not be thrilled for that team, especially given the struggles some of them have had?

The referee was erratic and it wasn't pleasing to see the Germans trying on a little of the gamesmanship that the tournament has been largely free of. But overall it was a momentous occasion and the first major trophy our nation's teams have produced in more than half a century. 

Shame that there remains the stubborn few who have to be contrary and dismissive, but screw them. They're choosing to lose out on a great sporting moment for thoroughly petulant reasons. 

• Like 7

The wife hates football, maybe because I played so much and now watch so much but she watched the whole game today and was more vocal than I was. Some dubious terminology though.

I shouted GTF in for the brilliant first goal but she beat me to it for the winner 😂

A convert ? only for the female game I guess.

The Lionesses have made a nation proud and deserve every accolade they get.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I watched all the games and thoroughly enjoyed that. The actual football I mean, was very competitive particularly later in the tournament the knockout games were all good quality.

i don’t like the way politics was dragged into it a lot though. It made it a tough watch outside of the actual game play. Mentions of the skin colour of players by pundits and constant little digs at various people ruined it a bit as it was unnecessary.

It will never be the same as the mens game but it doesn’t need to be. Trying to draw constant comparisons to it doesn’t help.. heard them talking about it being the first win since 1966 and mentioned White chasing down Wayne Rooney’s record, they’re basically 2 different sports so a lot of silly comments made 

Just now, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

I watched all the games and thoroughly enjoyed that. The actual football I mean, was very competitive particularly later in the tournament the knockout games were all good quality.

i don’t like the way politics was dragged into it a lot though. It made it a tough watch outside of the actual game play. Mentions of the skin colour of players by pundits and constant little digs at various people ruined it a bit as it was unnecessary.

It will never be the same as the mens game but it doesn’t need to be. Trying to draw constant comparisons to it doesn’t help.. heard them talking about it being the first win since 1966 and mentioned White chasing down Wayne Rooney’s record, they’re basically 2 different sports so a lot of silly comments made 

Don't pay it any attention - just ignore it and focus on the great success

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’ll only come home when the men win the World Cup. Not even the Euros. 

Any die-hard football fan knows that deep down. Everything else is a smokescreen 

Well done Lionesses - fantastic achievement for women's football

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop