ENGLAND Women win the 2022 Euros

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I agree needs some investment 

Even just some publicity from the club would be a start

Just acknowledging the ladies team even exists publically

A week of building the ladies team profile would attract new fans, new players, sponsors and more

Would cost nowt too

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Can I just give a mention to Beth Mead.  I've never seen anyone enjoy playing football so much.

Also to Alessias Russo's backheel goal at the lane.  

Georgia Stanways rocket vs. Spain.

Ella Toone's chip vs. Germany.

And Chloe Kelly taking the Germany game by the scruff of it's neck.

All amazing moments.

• Like 5

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Even just some publicity from the club would be a start

Just acknowledging the ladies team even exists publically

A week of building the ladies team profile would attract new fans, new players, sponsors and more

Would cost nowt too

Tremendous pal would work 

• Like 2

I watched the second half with my mrs and her younger cousin and her girlfriend. Both play for local u18s side and going up into the women's team this season. They love it just as much as any lad their age. 

Also noticed on the way to the pub, group of girls, probably about 12ish years old, playing football in their England shirts. Clearly this tournament has done wonders.

We can have debates all day long any the quality of the football compared to the men's, but to be fair after the defending on display yesterday at Hillsborough, you'd struggle to make a point 😳😳

And do we have the same arguments, to the same extent, with the same apartment bitterness with any other sport? 

The woman who wins gold at the Olympics doesn't get the tagline, not as fast as the men's winner though, does she? 

Congratulations to the Lionesses, and good luck to anyone who has been encouraged to go and play football by them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

There was a thread on here about a year ago about the Wednesday womens team and unfortunately some of the attitudes in it were.. well, let’s just say it would be interesting to read it tonight.

Hopefully the result today might bring a few of the people who made those comments into the 21st century......

• Like 1

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Hopefully the result today might bring a few of the people who made those comments into the 21st century......

Not even worth discussing those types mate - don't give them the airtime

All about England this - not sad knuckledraggers

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

England win a tournament at football is massive even bigger when you look st the 

mountains women have overcome.

Fantastic achievement snd really hope this puts women's football on the map 

Downside is the money will mirror the mens game snd be taken over by the existing elite mens teams. ,(We already seeing that)

Money attracts the big sharks.

But the here now is girls and boys want to play football. Something for all football fans to celebrate.

• Like 2
  • Love 1