ENGLAND Women win the 2022 Euros

28 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Superb achievement, the woman’s game is really coming on 

I must admit that I've never been particularly sold on the womens game until this tournament. I remember watching the Lionesses during the Phil Neville era and I thought the standard was about that of a Sunday League game.

So this has been a real eye opener for me. Compared to back then, there has been an absolute quantum leap in the skill, organisation and decision making of the England ladies. And it has just been hugely enjoyable to watch.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The whole tournament has been so entertaining. Great to get games in Sheffield as well.

Watching the men's game can feel like a chore sometimes (especially with Wednesday FFS). The whole tournament has been so entertaining, fun and positive. Made me remember why I love football so much.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I must admit that I've never been particularly sold on the womens game until this tournament. I remember watching the Lionesses during the Phil Neville era and I thought the standard was about that of a Sunday League game.

So this has been a real eye opener for me. Compared to back then, there has been an absolute quantum leap in the skill, organisation and decision making of the England ladies. And it has just been hugely enjoyable to watch.

Ive been watching them since the last world cup.  The quality in the top European teams has shot up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Really pleased 

I’ve got 2 young daughters and seeing this tournament will hopefully see them properly get into football 

You will enjoy every minute my granddaughter plays swfc ladies and I enjoy like I do watching first team 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I hope it inspired Mr Chansiri to see the positive impact of a good ladies team representing SWFC could bring 

Young Ladies teams will be inundated as will the boys teams.

It'll be great.

Hopefully we can as a club, support our own ladies team.

Unreal. What an achievement.  Never been into it but have very much enjoyed these past few weeks. Went to the Sweden v Netherlands match and really enjoyed football simply as a game again, where it seems to have become a chore over recent years. 

The top teams are technically very good and would put lots in the mens game to shame. Look at Englands defenders today, yes they don’t have the same physicality, but technically they are far better footballers than the likes of Iorfa. 

We are holidaying at a campsite in Croatia. It's huge, 5000 guests and reception told us only 58 of them are English. The vast majority are German / Austrian. You should have seen the looks when the missus jumped into the air as the second goal went in. Classic. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I hope it inspired Mr Chansiri to see the positive impact of a good ladies team representing SWFC could bring 

There was a thread on here about a year ago about the Wednesday womens team and unfortunately some of the attitudes in it were.. well, let’s just say it would be interesting to read it tonight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1