Are we being harsh on Stockdale?

I think he’ll be better next week.

I think he watched those crosses come in & thought the centre halves would deal with them easily enough.

Next time out he’ll probably not make those assumptions & look to take the cross himself. 

I’m away for the weekend and just watched the goals. Only on my phone but people are really blaming him for all the goals?

lol

Only on my phone admittedly but the only one where I would expect him to possibly do better is the 2nd. The 3rd especially, what could he have done? Anyone who thinks he should have come for the cross knows nowt. 

Edited by BIG D

It’s a terrible position to be in as a player when your getting questioned and criticised after the first game of the season 

I’m going to call him being in the top three boo boys this year alongside Early runner and last seasons newcomer ( despite being injured most of the season). Iorfa and ever present ( despite being consistent and versatile ) Liam Palmer 

This will all become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy if some fans aren't careful.

Turning on a keeper after 1 game is utterly ridiculous. And the best bit is the alternative is a bloke that fans turned on years ago!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

No, it’s his job to organise the defence in front of him. Even more so when he not coming to catch the ball from set pieces. 

Ever heard the expression cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. The defence was a shambles, the buck stops at Moore and his failure to address the defence and stupid mistakes

It cost us autos last year and have we any faith he will fix. Time to go, even in the pre season it was not any better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Especially as the defenders in front of him let the attackers have three free headers around our six yard box...

Well quite.

I mean you couldn't make it up really.

Three giant CBs concede three goals from headers.

Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, whatdial said:

No, he’s always been poor, suppose we knew what to expect and shouldn’t be surprised. Were being harsh as we expect a better keeper as we’ve usually had a decent one in the last 20 years. I’m blaming Moore for this, if he can’t see it and keeps picking him, as a man of his experience should be able to. 

He’s always been poor ?   Are you for real ?

1 hour ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Wasn't a horror show but didn't boss the 6 yard box as well as I'd hoped he would...... especially with the CB's being all at sea with balls played into that area.

Yea but the scapegoat vultures are out, after one game!!! Majority of them are also vocal in their dislike of the manager.

• Haha 1

Should have been a priority to get a commanding keeper who takes charge of the area. Especially if there are any doubts with ability of the defenders doing their jobs. Dawson was never too strong in this area either. If Stockdale is weak doing this the defenders have to be doubly on it. Weak command keeper + poor in the air defending = calamity. Surely this was and continues to be known about. 

He is a good goalie and I wouldn’t get too carried away with his body shape.  He has been a unit for a good few years and still been an excellent keeper.  

as I said on the other thread, he had a monster centre back in front of him at Wycombe who cleared absolutely everything chucked into the box .  Most teams worked out that there wasn’t much point crossing lots against Wycombe , and the way to beat them was to instead cut inside.  Yesterday would have been a shock with our woeful centre half defending.  He will now no doubt adjust and improve. 

• Like 1