Are we being harsh on Stockdale?

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

I think the issue is we naturally compare him to BPF, i think he saves the first two and comes for the cross for the third.

First one I agree with. But BPF had some terrible errors last season. I always felt he could make a stupid error. Would Stockdale have made the errors against Shrewsbury and Ipswich last season?

Swings and roundabouts.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pastor Kidneys said:

Well he's had anything but a confident start at S6 ... overweight and stuck to his line.

If it is a fair fight for keeper then Dawson deserves a go.

Not after 1 league game. No manager anywhere would drop him.

• Like 4

No, he’s always been poor, suppose we knew what to expect and shouldn’t be surprised. Were being harsh as we expect a better keeper as we’ve usually had a decent one in the last 20 years. I’m blaming Moore for this, if he can’t see it and keeps picking him, as a man of his experience should be able to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Not commanding enough on crosses in the games I've seen so far.

When he did come for a cross at Wigan it was embarrassing and cost us a goal and should have been more mobile of his line for a couple yesterday. 

Great with his feet, surprisingly weak positionally as an actual GK.

Just now, vulva said:

Incredibly but it’s not surprising. Some fans live for it. 

Sadly I think you are right. You may have seen the thread about the moron in the Southstand. This individual actually booed when his name was announced as plying before kick off.

16 minutes ago, whatdial said:

No, he’s always been poor, suppose we knew what to expect and shouldn’t be surprised. Were being harsh as we expect a better keeper as we’ve usually had a decent one in the last 20 years. I’m blaming Moore for this, if he can’t see it and keeps picking him, as a man of his experience should be able to. 

‘Always been poor’

Oh dear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"I’ve told them both that they’ll be competing on a day-to-day and weekly basis, and they’ll contest that going forward. It’s great to have him back."

So, is DM really having a competition or just stringing Dawson along?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First goal way too slow to get across . I sit in the north and the angle I saw wasn’t good … 

second I think he actually tips it onto the bar but could he have pushed it over ? 
third can’t particularly blame him for that and I don’t . Certainly not a good performance.