Stuart Gray

I like Darren Moore and believe he’s a good solid long term solution he’s done a lot to mend this club off the pitch and I believe and trust him. I also agree with what he said he’s a couple of players short of the finished squad I’m confident he’ll get those players before the windows shut and I’m confident we will be battling it out for automatics this year 

He’s the right man, now 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I like Darren Moore and believe he’s a good solid long term solution he’s done a lot to mend this club off the pitch and I believe and trust him. I also agree with what he said he’s a couple of players short of the finished squad I’m confident he’ll get those players before the windows shut and I’m confident we will be battling it out for automatics this year 

He’s the right man, now 

Darren Moore has had a great budget since he arrived..but you still want a ‘couple more players’?? How about turning the ones you have got into a promotion winning side? It’s not goin to happen

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, The coach said:

Darren Moore has had a great budget since he arrived..but you still want a ‘couple more players’?? How about turning the ones you have got into a promotion winning side? It’s not goin to happen

Everyone can see this squad needs pace up top and In wide areas 

moore as stated that’s what he wants 

he’s chased those attributes all preseason 

that’s the squad he wants and I believe when he gets it this SQUAD will be a promotion squad 

the strength of that bench today screamed how good this squad is 

most people will have vaulks and smith as starters but they are slightly behind due to their knocks and in cones Bashiru 2 goals and you can argue windass 1 assist 

add pace up there and out wide we will play differently have a different threat and be a promotion team 

not sure why you would criticise that, he’s not got the squad yet but he will have and if he gets us promotion or takes us up as champions playing attacking football would you still call for his head? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

that’s the squad he wants and I believe when he gets it this SQUAD will be a promotion squad 

most people will have vaulks and smith as starters but they are slightly behind due to their knocks and in cones Bashiru 2 goals and you can argue windass 1 assist 

add pace up there and out wide we will play differently have a different threat and be a promotion team 

not sure why you would criticise that, he’s not got the squad yet but he will have and if he gets us promotion or takes us up as champions playing attacking football would you still call for his head? 

He’s got the best squad in the division.."and withoùt a shadow of a doubt the highest paid squad in the division...in my opinion he his not up to the job...and b4 the ‘it’s only one game brigade’ jump all over me...it’s not..he’s had loads of games

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The coach said:

He’s got the best squad in the division.."and withoùt a shadow of a doubt the highest paid squad in the division...in my opinion he his not up to the job...and b4 the ‘it’s only one game brigade’ jump all over me...it’s not..he’s had loads of games

You can’t finish a jigsaw with out all the pieces 

thats like saying he’s got the most expensive squad in the league and having the same expectations but not having a goalkeeper 

it might be expensive but if it’s not complete it’s not the finished article 

he wants pace he wants a couple more players if he doesn’t get them I still think he will challenge for promotion with this squad ( and rightly so ) 

but he’s built or building a squad for promotion and key to that as he said on a number of occasions and what he’s tried to address all year is adding pace and width up top 

from before the season ended last year Moore will have know what he wanted in this years squad and how he wants us set up and playing 

and whilst he’s got 90% of that completed it’s those other players that will finalise and let him play how he’s been planning it’s just not come off yet 

But I believe it will 

so I’ll ask you again when Moore gets his squad completed like he wants and if we get promoted would you still be calling for his head 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

You can’t finish a jigsaw with out all the pieces 

thats like saying he’s got the most expensive squad in the league and having the same expectations but not having a goalkeeper 

it might be expensive but if it’s not complete it’s not the finished article 

he wants pace he wants a couple more players if he doesn’t get them I still think he will challenge for promotion with this squad ( and rightly so ) 

but he’s built or building a squad for promotion and key to that as he said on a number of occasions and what he’s tried to address all year is adding pace and width up top 

from before the season ended last year Moore will have know what he wanted in this years squad and how he wants us set up and playing 

and whilst he’s got 90% of that completed it’s those other players that will finalise and let him play how he’s been planning it’s just not come off yet 

But I believe it will 

so I’ll ask you again when Moore gets his squad completed like he wants and if we get promoted would you still be calling for his head 

Don't rise to his bait.

• Like 3

Looking back Gray left DC and CC the perfect job. All he was missing was the firepower and he’d have had us challenging imo

The spine he left behind (Westwood, Lees, Lee, Loovens, Hutchinson) outlived both Carlos and Chansiri’s spendageddon 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Moore can chase all the pace he wants but if/when he gets them where do they fit into his 3-5-2?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Gray was responsible for some of the dullest matches at Hillsborough in years. Jos' football was more entertaining.

You are of course right, some of the football under him was awful, but he had what he had to work with.

He built a solid side but his shoestring budget left him with the likes of Stevie May, Atdhe Nuhiu, Will Keane and Hallam Hope upfront.

One thing you’d always get from Stuart Gray however was a Championship club come the final whistle on the last day of the season. That’s something I wish we had right now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1