• Dele-Bashiru
    • Bannan
    • Windass
    • Gregory
    • Smith
    • Vaulks

Two votes for Iorfa?

WTF.....

Obviously Big Dom has voted for himself, but who the hell is the other clown.

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stockdale-6- was he at fault for the second? Not sure from my angle. Not too mobile

Iorfa-4- christ he’s a hard watch. Looks a shadow of his former self. Feel sorry for him

Heneghan-4- never won a header all day, slow 

Ihekwe-4- thinks he’s Franco Baresi. Worries me going forward

Byers-7- quality. Surprised he was subbed

FDB-8- two outstanding goals. Don’t blame him for second goal. Defence must do better

Bannan-5- Pretty ananymous

Windass-5- nice assist. Anonymous otherwise

Gregory-6- Proper workhorse, lovely first touch. Tried his heart out. 

Vaulks- N/A

Smith- N/A

How in the hell did we concede 3 identical goals?!?!?!?! So frustrating. Moore needs to sort ASAP

Stockdale 6 

Iorfa 4

Heneghan 7

Ihiekwe 6

Hunt 6

Byers 6

Bannan 7

FDB 8 MOTM

Johnson 6

Windass 5

Gregory 5

I thought overall we should've won, dominated most of the game, far more possession, far more shots, far more corners. But a mad 12-minute spell where we conceded 3 headed goals was shocking to see really. Nothing glaringly wrong with the way we defended the first, but the second I think it was FDB got caught in possession and Iorfa lost his man from the resulting cross... and the third there was no closing down at all of the cross (by Ihiekwe I think) and Iorfa lost his man once again. 

A day to forget defensively, and none of the strikers had a particularly good day either, and yet we still scored 3 and got a point against probably one of the better teams in the league.

Edited by paulrs

Stockdale: 4 - Should definitely have saved first goal

Iorfa: 4

Heneghan: 4

Ihiekwe: 5

Hunt: 7

Johnson: 5 - 2nd and 3rd goals both down his side

Byers: 6

Dele-Bashiru: 7 - Would have been higher but caught in possesison for their second goal.

Bannan: 6

Windass: 5 - Disappeared second half.

Gregory: 5

For those blaming the ref, he wasn't playing at centre back.  Woeful defending again.

15 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Stockdale-6- was he at fault for the second? Not sure from my angle. Not too mobile

Iorfa-4- christ he’s a hard watch. Looks a shadow of his former self. Feel sorry for him

Heneghan-4- never won a header all day, slow 

Ihekwe-4- thinks he’s Franco Baresi. Worries me going forward

Byers-7- quality. Surprised he was subbed

FDB-8- two outstanding goals. Don’t blame him for second goal. Defence must do better

Bannan-5- Pretty ananymous

Windass-5- nice assist. Anonymous otherwise

Gregory-6- Proper workhorse, lovely first touch. Tried his heart out. 

Vaulks- N/A

Smith- N/A

How in the hell did we concede 3 identical goals?!?!?!?! So frustrating. Moore needs to sort ASAP

Heneghan never won a header? Did you mean Iorfa?

Bannan was poor today as was windass

Back 3 and keeper looked all over the place but heneghan was best of the lot imo

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Heneghan never won a header? Did you mean Iorfa?

Bannan was poor today as was windass

Back 3 and keeper looked all over the place but heneghan was best of the lot imo

He won the free headers anyone could win. And perhaps i missed the odd one, but he didn’t seem the dominant CB who won most headers / clearances last season. It was wierd actually, because whilst he didn’t seem to win loads of headers, he didn’t seem to let their players head it either. Almost like he was just putting them off and it ended up bouncing off either of them? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

He won the free headers anyone could win. And perhaps i missed the odd one, but he didn’t seem the dominant CB who won most headers / clearances last season. It was wierd actually, because whilst he didn’t seem to win loads of headers, he didn’t seem to let their players head it either. Almost like he was just putting them off and it ended up bouncing off either of them? 

I thought he was strong in the air but looked dodgy on the floor. Iorfa was just a shambles tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captain bucky o'hare said:

We look very threatening going forward and Dele-Bashiru has come on in leaps and bounds if that performance is anything to go by. 

Iorfa needs to be dropped after some criminal defending and poor decision making. He looks a shadow of the player he was in the championship before his injury.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Dawson become our first choice keeper as the season progresses. That isn’t based purely off todays performance by the way.

just the fact we are even saying dawson will get no1 shirt is scary in itself . 1 mistake and he will get slaughtered , lets see what happens in next 3 weeks . if nothing improves then its the manager what needs to go . did that defence meet in the pub last night for the 1st time? not 6 weeks ago training together . d moore was very concerned at the wigan defending , well todays horror show will be nexts weeks and the week after if you cant see that your not awake.

• Thanks 1

Stockdale: 4 : Not impressed at all, looks slow to react and not sure he can jump very high. Is he unfit or carrying some timber?

Iorfa: 3 : Poor and his lack of awareness when defending our box is scary.
Heneghan: 5 : Part of a backline that were all over the shop. 
Ihiekwe: 5 : Poor first touch at times but passes the ball well. Unlucky not to score but as above and looked lost in a back 3.

Hunt: 7 :  Good attacking intent and great crosses. Does he have the energy in this system for 90mins?  He won't be playing 2 games per week thats for sure.
Byers: 7 - Unlucky to be subbed - very tidy and our most consistent midfielder today -  looked to be the anchor of the midfield as he didnt get forward like he did in parts last season.
Dele-Bashiru: 8 : Great performance, strong on the ball. Still learning just hope he gets alot of gametime. Get him signed up long term.
Bannan: 7 : Superb defence splitting pass to Windass for 1st but not one of his better games. Poor with the arm waving rants towards our players.
Johnson: 7.5 - Good energy to get on end for first goal.

Windass: 7 : Superbly laid on first goal but went missing alot which maybe down to poor service. 
Gregory: 7.5 - Gave 100% as always. Ran his socks off showing the rest what a 32yr old can do. 

Not scoring the subs, Smith looked okay but we started to go route one after he came on but the distribution was poor.

So much for the flying start we were all hoping for.  

I'm not giving points for that.

My thoughts.

Iorfa was dreadful, not just poor or very poor but abysmally dreadful. Was at fault for 2 goals, his passing was awful, going forward he made the wrong decision every time. A proper shitshow.

Stockdale is very overweight and can't jump, he's useless on crosses. He needs to lose weight or the shirt, it's as simple as that.

Henegan looked good.

Our crossing was very poor, over hit, under hit, not by a bit but grossly so. Johnson was nothing like the player who ripped teams apart last season. If he's playing to instructions the instructions need to change.

I don't see what Gregory did wrong to get sent off, he was sandwiched between 2 and looked like he was fouled.

I thought we were playing really well for 20 minutes or so after the first goal, champagne football but it all went flat after that. They were rocking and should never have got back into the game. Well done to them but we need to finish teams off clinically in those situations.

Byers is class but he drifted in and out today.

2 good goals from FDB ,particularly the second.....but he gave the ball away and cost us a goal. He will learn, it's what you expect from young(ish) players.

Did I mention that Henegan looked good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Two votes for Iorfa?

WTF.....

Obviously Big Dom has voted for himself, but who the hell is the other clown.

Iorfa was awful,Gregory was awful,overall we were poor,newts changed their goals 3 free headers.ffs needs sorting. Top 2 haha..wnak

• Like 1

I thought Heneghan might be a leader for the defence but after seeing that its defo not happening. 

We really do need Dean back (or equivalent)  - defenders need to be organised and have a vocal leader.

Is Loovens doing anything?  🥴

Plus then we need some "speed" up front / RWB

• Thanks 1