WEDNESDAY - V- POMPEY ....OMDT

13 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Danny Cowley out managed Moore second half.

He got his players to start pushing up on our wing backs. Then gaps galore down Johnsons side and cross after cross. He'll be kicking himself that they didn't win that game in the end after the first half showing

It should have been noticed after their 2nd to change to a back 4. It wasn't and they got their 3rd. If they kept going, they;d have got 5 or 6, Drag our left sided defender out leading to getting two or three attackers against Heneghan. 

Cowley won them a point today with his management.  

Spot on — the wing backs and centre halves on either side of the 3 gave them so much space and time down the flanks, just didn’t know where to be or who to pick up. 

We controlled the game well first half but they really exploited that weakness and we didn’t address it. It’s annoying if it happens once but three times is just sloppy

• Like 1

I can live with the result, first game and whatnot. Echo what others have said really about the defending. What the hell has happened to Iorfa. We need another option and we need it fast. Also disappointed with Stockdale today, I thought he could have done better with the 1st and second. Fizz was a real bright spark and his value will keep rising with displays like that which is a real positive. 

I also prefer Windass as an impact sub and moving forward would start with Gregory and Smith. 

Also, too many floaty corners and crosses, get it banged in flatter and harder, gives defenders no time. Need to work on that aspect massively. 

Rusty performance. We go again. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not sure about that, our wing backs were a huge threat at times 

Im confident they’ll cut the mistakes out in the back 3,  Iorfas distribution is a huge concern for me ,  he must improve 

We been saying the same thing for the last 50 games.

I have just watch all 3 goals, all down are left, all crosses into the box Iorfa and the other 2 centre backs no where in sight.

its very basic defending that we seem to struggle with, but with no full back we are going to have a lot of crosses into our box and clearly on this show concede a lot of soft goals

4 minutes ago, Lowry said:

Meltdown of embarrassing levels shown on here. 

Are we expecting to win 6-0 every week? Reserve judgement and enjoy the ride.

A team we beat 4-1 just 12 weeks ago we are to scrap a draw with this season is that forward momentum or have we gone backwards from last season.

We are still conceding soft goals, we cannot defend crosses which is a fundamental flawed at any level of football.

56 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yes I have some knowledge about  football players before they sign for Wednesday. but I appreciate some people only watch Wednesday matches so fair enough 

Your comedy act is endearing.

Bit you can't judge whether a new squad is better until they play for us for a reasonable amount of time.

Jumping up and down and saying told you so after one game is daft. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Didn’t think we needed another CB signing before today but now we definitely do. As well at some pace upfront, someone that can give us an outlet. Ideally would like another RWB also. 

Didn’t think we struggled for pace today really as a team,   We do need another centre half though I think , and if DM persists with a back 3 it needs to be someone who’s comfortable at passing the ball 

28 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Your comedy act is endearing.

Bit you can't judge whether a new squad is better until they play for us for a reasonable amount of time.

Jumping up and down and saying told you so after one game is daft. 

i’m lost at why it’s a comedy act,  there’s another thread on here saying the exact same thing as me with 12 likes so far.  It’s just opinions, mine is that the defensive players and goalkeeper were better last season than the ones who played today.  If you think you can’t compare new players ability until they’ve played a few games in a Wednesday shirt then fair enough, I’m just basing it on the previous seasons games I’ve watched these players in. 

Edited by Southie_Owl

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

It’s just opinions, mine is that the defensive players and goalkeeper were better last season than the ones who played today.  

It will be seen over the season if you're right or not

Nothing at all wrong with assessing that way if that's how you feel

Their performances will tell us as we go

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful
3 hours ago, Miffed said:

if you’re blaming Moore for our relegation then you really are scraping the barrel for reasons to have a pop at him 

I’m not blaming him, I’m just stating facts. He took us down.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It will be seen over the season if you're right or not

Nothing at all wrong with assessing that way if that's how you feel

Their performances will tell us as we go

Absolutely, just because I feel last seasons’ keeper and defence was better than today’s, it doesn’t mean they can’t improve and prove me wrong.  Also I will add that it maybe they don’t have to be as good as last season anyway, with the signing of Smith, return of Windass and emergence of Dele-Bashiru we may outscore the opponents better than we did last season and win enough games for promotion