WEDNESDAY - V- POMPEY ....OMDT

And just like that, we are back once again. Not sure if I’m ready for another season but tough, normal Saturdays resume.

Summer activities at the club have been really encouraging and positive. Keep the feel good factor with a win and more people will buying boats!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! 🦉 

• Like 2

At last football is back. In a curious quirk of fate, we play Portsmouth in consecutive regular season fixtures, last game of last season, first of this (excluding play offs).

A feeling of nervous excitement today, aware that the season won't be won or lost today. But, would be nice to get off to a winning start.

Opening games so hard to call, loads of new players on both sides.

I'll have a punt at 2-0 Wednesday (it's just nice to have something to look forward to on a Saturday again)

• Like 1

Need to start as though last season never finished.

We were on a charge for the top two and we need to kick off as though it's still on.

Press, high tempo, get the crowd on their feet and have the stadium rocking.

Smash the goals in and send out an imperious statement of intent.

• Like 4

Very excited about the new season. I'll take any win to get us going. Let's remain positive even if we go 1-0 down, get behind the team. And if we go 1-0 up, don't hand back the initiative and get defensive, leading to the inevitable late equaliser. An early goal and attacking football to get Hillsborough rocking is the order of the day. 

• Like 3

Should be a good challenge today. Portsmouth had a strong second half of last season and have an underrated manager in my opinion. Think they will be top 6 this season but feel we have a better squad and home advantage so should be looking to win.  

Will be interested to see how we handle the last 10 mins, especially if its tight, will we have sorted this out and stand firm? 

Great to see you back Milord. 

Let’s have a start to the season like 1990/91, my favourite season ever. A statement of intent from the off. Let’s be that team that nobody wants to play against. Flair, goals and not so many heart-in-mouth moments this season please.

UTO.

• Like 1

I’m more nerves than excitement today. I try not to look too much into preseason but I can’t help but be underwhelmed by how we looked on the pitch. But I know that’s daft thinking.

I think that cos we’ve basically got a brand new defence (Iorfa barely played last two years) I just have a feeling we’re gonna take a while to solidify. And I still think we’re going into another season where DM isn’t sure of our best 11.

Really not like me to be negative. I’ll get a grip soon. 

Still think we’ll shade a 2-1 win today. Gregory with a brace.