Bruce interview

Guest I Love Coffee
On 30/07/2022 at 00:07, darklord said:

I believe hes our biggest tranfer fee ever recieved though?

Joao

It's fair to say he hates us (Sunderland) and we certainly hate him. He likes to rewrite history and has many friends in the press who have his back. He claims we hounded him out due to his Newcastle routes but that couldn't be further from the truth, it was results and his constant blaming of anyone and everyone other than himself after a bad result. We will get it all again before we play West Brom this season. 

He always says he isn't a quitter and has never walked away from anything in his life the reality is he has walked out of just about every job he has ever had.

Anyway, pleased you got that point yesterday, I think you are many Sunderland supporters second team this year and alot of us are routing for you. Good luck and get out of that dam league.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Black Cat said:

It's fair to say he hates us (Sunderland) and we certainly hate him. He likes to rewrite history and has many friends in the press who have his back. He claims we hounded him out due to his Newcastle routes but that couldn't be further from the truth, it was results and his constant blaming of anyone and everyone other than himself after a bad result. We will get it all again before we play West Brom this season. 

He always says he isn't a quitter and has never walked away from anything in his life the reality is he has walked out of just about every job he has ever had.

Anyway, pleased you got that point yesterday, I think you are many Sunderland supporters second team this year and alot of us are routing for you. Good luck and get out of that dam league.

His record proves what you say . The way he walked out on us was disgraceful. Even in the murky world of football it plumbed new depths. As for his love of "his club", absolute nonsense. 

On 29/07/2022 at 14:57, sheffwed1 said:

Also wasn’t he offered the Newcastle job years ago but turned it down? Or am I imagining that. 

I seem to recall that too, maybe when he was doing well at Birmingham in the PL? 

Anyway I’m actually a little surprised to hear his nice comments about us. I was expecting him to say it was a career mistake like Monk did.  

As usual for us, we were very unlucky with the timing that Newcastle wanted him when he was with us as I believe he would have left any championship club to manage them in the PL. 

but how he left us was not very respectful.  Personally think he’s done in management and surprised he’s still at WBA

He's one of those who is very good at getting a certain narrative out about himself. 

He's a nice guy who has had some bad luck with certain jobs and it's never his fault. 

The fact is he has zero, not an ounce of loyalty to any club he's managed and no amount of false platitudes can get away from that. 

In his 20 plus year managerial career he has managed Newcastle, Sunderland, Us, Dem Blades, Birmingham, Aston Villa, West Brom and so on. 

He just needs to rock up at Boro and he will have done the entire North East circuit. Perhaps if Wolves ever get relegated he can rock up there too? 

What a fat head. 

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I seem to recall that too, maybe when he was doing well at Birmingham in the PL? 

Anyway I’m actually a little surprised to hear his nice comments about us. I was expecting him to say it was a career mistake like Monk did.  

As usual for us, we were very unlucky with the timing that Newcastle wanted him when he was with us as I believe he would have left any championship club to manage them in the PL. 

but how he left us was not very respectful.  Personally think he’s done in management and surprised he’s still at WBA

There must be something we don't know about him, not sure how it can be for money.

Newcastle payoff would set up any average man for life, let alone all his previous.

Move from northern family hometown to midlands. Not a walk in the park league, if he went up, he will only ever be in a relegation fight. I guess hoping for a sacking in 2 years time, more payoff, fans don't hate him as won something with them. Hmm actually I see why he's done it 

Said before in other threads and elsewhere, it's not that he left it's how he did it.

If he'd been honest and given the Wednesday fans the respect he claimed he had to give to Newcastle then I think 99% would understand it and wish him well.

The fact is, he lied to the fans and media, went behind our backs and then resigned to force the move. That's where the bitterness comes from.

The other bit that sticks in the throat is that I think he would have done well here, it was a good fit. I know he's seen as a bit of a figure of fun in the Premier League but in the Championship he's got a record that's only bettered by one I believe. He knew what needed doing and had enough contacts in the game to recruit a good squad. Monk didn't have that or the experience to deal with the sh!t hitting the fan after Christmas 2019. If we're 3rd at Christmas under Bruce I don't think we finish lower than 6th.