Jump to content

Good luck for the season


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Just do us a favour and hammer the pigs twice for us next season. 

 

Up the Makems 

Can't see it myself .

Think we going to struggle big time with the lack of signings 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Can't see it myself .

Think we going to struggle big time with the lack of signings 

 

To be honest I've not really followed your transfer activity this summer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

Can't see it myself .

Think we going to struggle big time with the lack of signings 

Who have you brought in mate?

 

Good luck too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, markg said:

Who have you brought in mate?

 

Good luck too

That's the problem next to know one..

A centre half from arsenal who was at Preston last season.  A kid out of west hams under 23s and bass the keeper from Portsmouth who was on loan at Bradford last year. 

Really worrying as still miles short 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

That's the problem next to know one..

A centre half from arsenal who was at Preston last season.  A kid out of west hams under 23s and bass the keeper from Portsmouth who was on loan at Bradford last year. 

Really worrying as still miles short 

Thats a shame. We thought that at least we had lost to a club deservedly on the up!

 

Good luck anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Safcfaninpeace said:

On behalf on many fans here at sunderland wish u all the success this season and hope yous smash it .

Personally think your great value to go up and hope to renew acquaintances in the league very soon .

Your support deserves it and will be looking out for your results every week .

 

Same for you too mate, good luck for the coming season. You going to the cup game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Five Archers said:

Same for you too mate, good luck for the coming season. You going to the cup game?

Was all planning too got the tickets etc .

I work for myself and there is issues with the delivery of my materials and had to put the job back and it clashes now with the cup date .

Still going to try my best to get away earlier and drive down all things being good .

Be gutted if I can't but unfortunately work comes first in this instance so if I miss it I will he gutted but hopefully get down next season in the championship .

Just checked your signings seem to have got a decent group in hopefully they will give you that bit extra needed as yous weren't far away last season .

Good luck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Safcfaninpeace said:

Was all planning too got the tickets etc .

I work for myself and there is issues with the delivery of my materials and had to put the job back and it clashes now with the cup date .

Still going to try my best to get away earlier and drive down all things being good .

Be gutted if I can't but unfortunately work comes first in this instance so if I miss it I will he gutted but hopefully get down next season in the championship .

Just checked your signings seem to have got a decent group in hopefully they will give you that bit extra needed as yous weren't far away last season .

Good luck 

Nice one mate and hope you manage to get down for the game. All the best for the new season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/07/2022 at 01:37, Safcfaninpeace said:

On behalf on many fans here at sunderland wish u all the success this season and hope yous smash it .

Personally think your great value to go up and hope to renew acquaintances in the league very soon .

Your support deserves it and will be looking out for your results every week .

 

we have many sunderland fans wishing us success ......why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Thanks and best of luck to your boys too. You’ve got a gem and a very talented young player in Ellis Simms BTW (I’m a Hearts fan too)

Never seen nothing of him so hopefully your right as we are short in striking dept only have Stewart 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

we have many sunderland fans wishing us success ......why?

Probably because your one of the best clubs down in league one bit similar to ourselves great fan base great tradition and a proper club . Talked to many of your fans on the times we played last season and a friendly bunch with good banter .

Goes a long way in football that 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/07/2022 at 08:27, Holmowl said:


And best of luck to you guys too mate. Proper club, amazing fans, super stadium.

 

Quick tale for you…

 

About 20 years ago I arranged for about 16 Swiss engineers, architects and steelwork contractors to visit the UK to show them around some stadia that my company had been involved in the structural steelwork.
 

We hired two big minibuses and picked them up at Luton Airport early in the morning. My plan was to tour them around some of our stadia in the south and Midlands and then finish off in our hometown Huddersfield, where our pride and joy was, Huddersfield Town’s stadium.

 

Over coffee at Luton they asked me if there were any football matches I could take them to that night. I looked in the paper and said to them “really sorry there’s only one in all of England tonight and it’s way too far up north at a place called Sunderland.“ “Who are they playing?“ one asked. “Man United.”

I said.
 

16 pairs of eyes lit up and from that moment their only desire was to go and watch Sunderland V Man U (cup quarter-final?). I really didn’t want to do it but really had no choice. I rang the Stadium of Light and asked if they had 20 tickets. The lady on the phone laughed and told me in fairly explicit terms where to get off. I told the bad news to my party and their faces painted a very clear picture of deflation. I had a lightbulb moment - I rang the stadium back and asked if they had any corporate hospitality available. Her response couldn’t have been more different! “Certainly sir we have XYZ at a cost of £120 each. Would you like to rub my tyts too?” So, I revised the itinerary and ended up driving 400 miles north to watch the match. 47,000 capacity, including 16 Swiss guys, raised the roof in a fantastic match with your guys coming from one down to win 2-1 (Arca winner?) in extra time. 
 

Cost us a fortune and I was knackered when we arrived at the hotel in Huddersfield about 1.30 in the morning. But my party were totally blown away by the atmosphere and the fast feisty match. Loved it! 
 

 

 

 

Tell us more about the tyts .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/07/2022 at 00:37, Safcfaninpeace said:

On behalf on many fans here at sunderland wish u all the success this season and hope yous smash it .

Personally think your great value to go up and hope to renew acquaintances in the league very soon .

Your support deserves it and will be looking out for your results every week .

 

 

I massively echo this post mate. 

I really hope they come up 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...