Grown men

1 minute ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

I’m sure they don’t mind and I bet most of them quite like feeling famous. If it really bothered them they would just make an excuse to not do it. 

Or punch them in the face Madine style.

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Django said:

I once asked Martin Hodge for a picture in kingdom nightclub in the 00’s. He was stood at the side of the dance floor on his own 

True story

loved that place back then ,great music ,cheap enough booze and plenty of nice sights lol even once witnessed upto 20 girls fighting/arguing hair pulling the lot some girl must have been knocking off with her m8s fella . crazy times but often fun and a lot more laid back than today. but no i wouldn't want to be bugging someone for a selfie when there out on there own time relaxing. 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

loved that place back then ,great music ,cheap enough booze and plenty of nice sights lol even once witnessed upto 20 girls fighting/arguing hair pulling the lot some girl must have been knocking off with her m8s fella . crazy times but often fun and a lot more laid back than today. but no i wouldn't want to be bugging someone for a selfie when there out on there own time relaxing. 

Not a patch on club wow

Imo it’s part of the job. 

I often talk to people outside a shop I’m fitting out about what we’re doing & when it will be finished.

Not saying they want a picture took with me but it’s part of the job.

Any footballer that can’t deal with a photo needs  to stay away from the crowds 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Django said:

Not a patch on club wow

that was my other fav club . sound system in there was tops , used to get top djs in there and a few clubland acts used to perform live in there . those were the days when you were buzzing for fri sat nights

Can  I be clear on the rules:

I've got a picture of me from when I was mascot in the 90's, sat on Carlton Palmer's knee. I was going to tweet him and ask if he could recreate the picture with me, ideally sat on his knee. Then I was going to post it on Facebook, Twitter and on here. 

But I don't know what to do now.  

• Haha 8

34 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Because  I don't want these weirdos knowing who I am.

You know who they are and willing to slavver about it why don't you grow a pair and let them know who you are so you can discuss it to the actual person that's done it 👀 maybe screenshot the PM's too so he can see what  w⚓s some of the players are too?

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

I've got a picture of me from when I was mascot in the 90's, sat on Carlton Palmer's knee. I was going to tweet him and ask if he could recreate the picture with me, ideally sat on his knee. Then I was going to post it on Facebook, Twitter and on here. 

Carlton Palmer doesn't play for us anymore. So you can do whatever you want with him 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Django said:

You said we can’t post on Facebook. Is Instagram off limits too? 

Instagram is fine, but middle aged men posting these types of photos on tik tok is fullnônce behaviour. 

Edited by 0742
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, S6owls said:

You know who they are and willing to slavver about it why don't you grow a pair and let them know who you are so you can discuss it to the actual person that's done it 👀 maybe screenshot the PM's too so he can see what  w⚓s some of the players are too?

I've had 4 player PM's now. Also 5 people wanting fights - so it's close.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Otley Owl said:

I quite like this to be fair. Quite creative.

Given

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Grew out of that years ago, last time I had my photo taken with anyone from Hillsborough was pre season in Ibiza 2004, with Chris Turner and Ndumbu Unsungu.

Did you get them to sign the pictures so you knew who was who  ?.

• Haha 4

An embarrassing moment for me was when I brought the match ball out to the ref. It was against Coventry in the 90s, think we lost 4-3.

My mum did chauffeuring for Wednesday back then and she had driven Marc Degryse to the airport recently. In the tunnel waiting to walk out, I stupidly said to Marc, hi Marc, you know my mum. I was a naive teenager. Straight away all the other Wednesday players were saying, how do you know his mum, Marc? Does your wife know about this? He gave me a death stare, like cheers, I'm going to get the ******** taken out of me for this now. Regretted it ever since. 

• Haha 6

To have players reply don’t they need to have accepted being followed on this social media thing ? Grown men ‘wanting to follow’ players … now that’s creepy and a bit sad innit lol 

…hang on …PM’s too …ooooo i say !!!

Edited by Freshfish
  • Like 1